Oncology comprises a large and diverse group of indications, encompassing virtually all sites and tissues in the human body. The diseases are characterized by abnormal cell proliferation, which is followed by local tissue invasion and, at an advanced stage of the disease, the migration of the cancer cells to other parts of the body. Cancer is a genetically driven disease, with iterative mutations providing selective advantages to the cells in the context of the specific tissue site, followed by clonal expansion.
The report “Global Oncology Market to 2023 – Robust Growth Driven by Rising Prevalence and Increased Uptake of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors” provides an introduction to oncology, including disease epidemiology, symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, co-morbidities and complications and prognosis. Methods of diagnosis are also provided.
Cancer is anticipated to become increasingly prevalent due to aging populations and rising levels of obesity in the developed world. Furthermore, the development and approval of more targeted oncology treatments is anticipated to decrease toxicity and increase chemotherapy usage in elderly patients. Targeted treatment administration will increase the overall survival of poor-performance-status patients (having impaired functional status) and enable more rounds of chemotherapy to be administered.
In 2012, there were 32.6 Million people living with any type of cancer within five years of diagnosis. These are generally incurable once they progress to the stage where they are unresectable. Chemotherapy compounds are a mainstay treatment for cancers of all types, at various disease stages. In a typical course of therapy for cancer, multiple chemotherapy compounds are administered sequentially in combination regimens, as an adjunct to surgery and radiation therapy. Chemotherapy drugs are cytotoxic to dividing cells, meaning that they act on both healthy and malignant tissues and are fairly toxic.
Request for Sample of this report at https://goo.gl/h1Q6VC
There has been a shift towards developing targeted therapies, such as mAbs and cell therapies. Targeted therapies, by their nature, have less toxicity associated with their use and as a result can be administered to more cancer patients, who are commonly elderly and have co-morbidities, therefore increasing the overall survival of this group and the number of treatment cycles they may receive. The most commercially successful oncology treatments are mAbs such as MabThera/Rituxan, Avastin and Herceptin.
Key market players (as determined by the total oncology revenue), namely Roche, Celgene, Bristol Myers Squibbs and Novartis, are forecast to maintain their strong market shares throughout the forecast period. Nevertheless, despite the approaching patent expiries of Avastin, Kadcyla, Perjeta and Tarceva, Roche is expected to maintain the highest market share of any company.
Purchase the Licensed Report at https://goo.gl/GFN6rG
In particular, this report provides the following analysis –
- Provides an overview of the oncology marketed products landscape, including product profiles of key marketed products and revenue projections for each of these drugs.
- Analyzes the oncology pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target, plus an analysis of the key indications in the pipeline: breast, colorectal, lung and prostate cancer. The clinical trial landscape is also examined, with an emphasis on trends in clinical trial failure rates, duration and size.
- Presents forecast projections to 2023 on a global level, with forecasts provided for the US, plus aggregate revenue forecasts of the top five EU markets (the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) and Japan.
- Assesses the company landscape in oncology, with an analysis of the key players, the types of company involved in this therapy area, and whether this therapy area comprises a large proportion of each company’s pipeline portfolio and total revenue.
- Analyzes trends in co-development and licensing deals relating to oncology products. Some of the most prominent deals are discussed in detail.
- Global revenue for the oncology market is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 10.66%, from $118.6 billion in 2016 to $241.0 billion in 2023. Which drugs will achieve blockbuster status and how will the key player companies perform during the forecast period?
- The oncology pipeline is large and fairly diverse and contains 7,773 products. How does the composition of the pipeline compare with that of the existing market? What are the most popular types of molecule type and molecular target in the pipeline?
- What mechanisms of action and molecule types are most common for pipeline products being trialed in the various key indications?
- How will the market shares and CAGRs of the top 20 pharma companies compare within oncology?
- What proportion of the key players’ revenues will be attributable to oncology products?
Multi-scenario Market Forecast to 2023
- Overall Market Size
- Generic Penetration
- Revenue Forecast by Molecular Target
- Programmed Cell Death Protein 1/Programmed Cell Death 1 Ligand 1
- Tumor Necrosis Factor
- Tyrosine-Protein Kinase BTK
- Cyclin-Dependent Kinases
- Androgen Receptor
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor
ReportsnReports.com is your single source for all market research needs. Our database includes 500,000+ market research reports from over 95 leading global publishers & in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets. Order report by calling ReportsnReports.com at +1 888 391 5441 OR send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.