Rising incidence of chronic diseases such as CKD and cancer resulting in anemia is a major growth driver of this market. According to the statistics published by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, over 3 million people are affected by anemia every year and this number is expected to increase over the forecast period. This showcases the need for erythropoietin-stimulating agents in the coming years.
Introduction of novel drugs and their cheaper biosimilars formulations with enhanced efficacy and cost-effectiveness is also expected to serve this industry with lucrative opportunities. For instance, development of numerous biosimilars in the European market is expected to gain traction and increase their usage rates, owing to associated benefits such as less time required for approval, cost-efficiency, and enhanced therapeutic effect.
The report “Erythropoietin (EPO) Drugs Market Analysis By Drug Class (Biologics, Biosimilars), By Product (Epoetin-alfa, Epoetin-beta, Darbepoetin-alfa, Others), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025” is available now at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/erythropoietin-epo-drugs-market
Companies are involved in extensive R&D initiatives for development of innovative molecules and discovering new therapeutic areas for existing drugs. For instance, in April 2016, Sandoz received approval from the European Commission for use of its biosimilar Binocrit in nephrology indications, thereby extending the therapeutic area of its product portfolio.
Moreover, many of the industry players in the U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific are involved in the development of new biosimilars. For example, Biocon’s subsidiary Syngene International entered into an agreement with Bristol-Myers Squibb to extend their drug discovery and development program in India. This enables Biocon to enhance its erythropoietin drugs portfolio. Expected product approvals in the coming years are anticipated to fuel market growth.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/erythropoietin-epo-drugs-market/request-sample
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- The biologics segment is declining over the forecast period owing to patent expiration of branded biologics and introduction of biosimilars in the market
- The patent for Aranesp (darbepoetin-alfa) will expire in 2024 in the U.S. and is expected to provide numerous future growth opportunities for new market entrants
- Epoetin-alfa held the largest share of product segment owing to its early introduction in the U.S. market and patent protection
- Epoetin-omega and epoetin-zeta are anticipated to exhibit lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to associated benefits such as longer half-life and enhanced therapeutic effects
- Use of erythropoietin drugs for treatment of renal diseases held a dominant share as of 2016 owing to the increasing incidence of chronic kidney diseases
- The Asia Pacific regional industry for erythropoietin-stimulating agents is expected to witness lucrative CAGR during the forecast period
- Industry participants are focusing on the discovery of new therapeutic areas for existing drugs and development of cost-effective biosimilars, thereby increasing R&D activities for the development of erythropoietin drugs.
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Oncology Based In-vivo CRO Market- http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/oncology-based-in-vivo-cro-market
The global oncology based in-vivo CRO market is expected to reach USD 1.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The use of Contract Research Organization (CRO) oncology services helps the manufacturers/sponsors to provide complete attention on the production capacity and at enhancing their in-house processes.
Furthermore, the pressure from the increasing competition due to patent expirations, rapid growth of generics, and introduction of biosimilar equivalents are propelling the pharmaceutical companies to take the aid of such organizations. Hence, it can be predicted that the oncology based in-vivo CRO market may witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
Another factor propelling growth is the increasing incidence of cancer, and high failure rate of existing treatment options. According to statistics published by the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 8.2 million deaths are recorded each year from cancer, which accounts for 13.0% deaths worldwide.
- Vitamin D Testing Market- http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/vitamin-d-testing-market
The global vitamin D testing market is expected to reach USD 1.1 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Global increase in geriatric population as well as cases of chronic illnesses is likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, increase in investment for development and commercialization of various accurate, innovative, and easy-to-use tests by various market players and governments is likely to drive the market growth. For instance, in January 2017, Future Diagnostics and DIA source received a grant of EUR 1.4 million from the European Commission to develop a unique CE-marked assay that can measure the level of free vitamin D (25OHD) in the body. In addition, this assay will assist in early recovery of patients suffering from vitamin D deficiency by providing optimized treatment, offering an opportunity to save treatment costs.
About Radiant Insights, Inc
Radiant Insights is a market research and consulting company offering syndicated research studies, customized reports, and consulting services. Our market research studies are designed to facilitate strategic decision making, on the basis of extensive and in-depth quantitative information, supported by extensive analysis and industry insights. Using a patented and robust research methodology, we publish exhaustive research reports covering a host of industries such as Technology, Chemicals, Materials, and Energy. Radiant Insights has a strong base of analysts, consultants and domain experts, with global experience helping us deliver excellence in all research projects we undertake.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519