The Global Balloon Catheters Market was valued at US$ 2,833.4 million in 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period (2017–2025), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures, in turn is projected to support growth of balloon catheters market over the forecast period.
Manufacturers are focusing on product innovation to tap into emerging market. For instance, OrbusNeich, a leading manufacturer of medical devices for vascular disease, launched its 2 balloon dilatation catheters Sapphire II PRO and the Sapphire NC Plus. These products are indicated for various applications such as balloon dilatation of the stenotic portion of a coronary artery or bypass graft stenosis in patients having coronary ischemia for the purpose of improving myocardial perfusion, also in coronary artery occlusion for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction.
Request Sample Copy of the Business Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/489
These products also have features such as tight folding of the balloon material for enhanced crossability in the tightest lesions, Hydro-X coating for improved lubricity and passability and also, an enhanced distal tip which allows for smooth lesion entry.
The growth of balloon catheters market is inhibiting by factors such as faults related to balloon catheters. For example, in May 2017 Abbott Laboratories has removed its around 450,000 coronary balloon catheters due to the balloon sheath issue as these catheters exhibit difficulty in removing the protective balloon sheath which can result in issues with inflating or deflating the balloon.
It is expected that the increase in preference for minimally invasive procedure to treat the disease such as coronary heart disease will favor the growth of balloon catheters market in the near future. Also, the major manufacturers are focusing on emerging countries to expand their customer base and to increase sales due to increase in incidence cases for diabetes and coronary heart disease among emerging countries such as China. As per World Health Organization (WHO), in 2016, 10 % adults out of around 110 million people were living with diabetes in China due to increase in overweight and obese population. The number is projected to reach to around 150 million by 2040.
Request a Customization: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/489
The manufacturers have opportunity to tap major market share in case of emerging economies, as over a 50% percent population living with undiagnosed lifestyle disease. For example, as per WHO, in 2016, around 53% of people living with diabetes are undiagnosed in China.
Key takeaways of the market:
- The global balloon catheters market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period (2017–2025). Due to rising incidence of coronary heart disease cases and increase in demand for minimally invasive procedure from around the globe is expected to favor the market of balloon catheters over the forecast period.
- The Asia Pacific region in the global balloon catheters market is expected to show high growth rate during the forecast period in terms of value
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the balloon catheters market, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/market-insight/balloon-catheters-market-489
- In terms of material segment, the polyurethane material balloon catheters type is expected to expand at a significant CAGR of 7.7%, followed by nylon material balloon catheters during the forecast period, owing to more preference due to its smoothness and features
- The global balloon catheters market is characterized by market expansion in Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe could generate higher market revenue due to the high incidence rate of lifestyle disease such as diabetes and increase in number of heart surgery procedures
- Some of the major companies offering balloon catheters are Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson And Company, Boston Scientific Corporation, Bard Medical Division, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Johnson & Johnson, Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic, Plc, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, OrbusNeich and Vascular Solutions, Inc.