Anti-epilepsy drugs are used for the treatment of epilepsy which is a group of neurological disorders characterized by seizures manifesting as brief, involuntary episodes of vigorous body movements with or without loss of consciousness which affects about 24 million people. The present market of anti-epilepsy drugs is valued at USD 3.7 billion in 2015. The projected growth is USD 4.8 billion in 2022 representing a CAGR of 3.79%.
The anti-epilepsy drug market is characterized by flat growth rate due to lack of novel acting anti-epileptic drugs. Thus, the market is full of drugs having similar mechanism of action and similar side effects. Moreover a large segment of patients do not respond well to these drugs. The anti-epilepsy drug market will favor companies with development pipeline of novel acting drug class. The market is fragmented and has a number of generics with a large number of companies.
The global anti-epilepsy drug market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~3.79 % during the period of 2015 to 2022.
Request a Sample Report @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/2345
Major Key Players
- Hoffmann- La Roche,
- Celgene Corporation,
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
- Novartis AG,
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals Company Limited,
- Biogen Idec Limited, and Eli Lilly,
- Bristol-Myers Squibb,
- Vertex pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bayer AG,
- Johnson & Johnson
Depending on geographic region, Anti-epilepsy drug market is segmented into four key regions: Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. Globally developed countries led by North America is the largest market for Anti-epilepsy drugs. Europe is the second-largest market for anti-epilepsy drugs. The anti-epilepsy drug market is likely to be led by these developed nations in the near future but with flat rates with developing regions such as Asia pacific region and Middle East & Africa providing faster growth rates.
Test the market data and market information presented through more than 60 market data tables and figures spread over 80 numbers of pages of the project report. Avail the in-depth table of content (TOC) & market synopsis on “ Global Anti-Epilepsy Drug Market Research Report – Forecast to 2022”.
Global anti-epilepsy drugs market has been segmented on the basis of types of seizures (generalized seizures and partial-onset seizures) and by generation (first, second and third).
The major driving factor for the growth is:
- Development of better tolerated third generation drugs
- Increasing screening of patients, penetration and availability of drugs
- Growth of geriatrics as they are affected more by epilepsy
- Comparative lower competition in anti-epilepsy drugs as most drugs act by similar action. Thus, advent of a novel drug will make it a blockbuster with easy uptake and less marketing cost
- Support for drug research and awareness created by social and government bodies
- The constraints of the market are:
- Loss of patents for a number of anti-epilepsy drugs such as Neurontin (2003) and Lyrica (scheduled in 2018)
- Unknown origins and mechanism of action of epilepsy and concurrent lack of new novel acting drugs
- Historical dominance of Gamma Aminobutyric Acid modulators and ion channel blockers, even though a sizeable segment of patients respond very poorly or none at all to these drugs
- Associated side-effects, such as depression and suicide behavior, dizziness, fatigue, weight gain etc. of major class of drugs
- High cost of clinical trials and extensive post market surveillance as it is difficult to separate cause and effect of drugs in epilepsy
- Social stigma associated with epilepsy especially in the developing world
List of Tables
TABLE 1 GLOBAL ANTI-EPILEPSY DRUGS MARKET, 2013-2022 (USD MILLION)
TABLE 2 GLOBAL ANTI-EPILEPSY DRUGS MARKET, BY TYPES OF SEIZURES, 2013-2022 (USD MILLION)
TABLE 3 GLOBAL ANTI-EPILEPSY DRUGS MARKET, BY GENERATION, 2013-2022 (USD MILLION)
List of Figures
FIGURE 1 RESEARCH PROCESS
FIGURE 2 PORTERS FIVE FORCES MODEL
FIGURE 3 GLOBAL ANTI-EPILEPSY DRUGS MARKET, BY TYPES OF SEIZURES
Browse Related Statistical Report
Middle East & Africa Dental CAD-CAM market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecasted period. Middle East is the largest market share holder in this region and is expected to reach $106.4 million by 2027 from $66.0 million in 2015.
CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) refers to a computer software that is used for both designing and manufacturing of products.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous-Feed Research (CFR), and Market Research & Consulting Services.
MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research studies by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players for global, regional, and country level market segments, enable our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which help to answer all their most important questions.
Name: Akash Anand
Organization: Market Research Future
Address: Market Research Future Office No. 524/528,
Phone: +1 646 845 9312