The global transcatheter valve market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 8.62 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is currently under-penetrated as these products are approved only for geriatric patients who cannot undergo normal valve surgeries. Growth drivers such as increasing prevalence of chronic cardiovascular diseases, increasing economic development, improvement in reimbursement scenario, and faster adoption of new technologies are expected to significantly improve the usage rates over the forecast period.
The transcatheter valve market is evolving rapidly due to the continuous investments in R&D by the key market players such as Edwards Life Sciences, Medtronic, St. Jude, and Boston Scientific. The technologically advanced products such as the SAPIEN 3 transcatheter heart valve and the TRINITY Valve are designed to reduce the surgical complications and improve patient compliance. For instance, the TRINITY TAVI system enables easy retrieval and repositioning of the device, without compromising on patient safety and treatment outcomes.
Furthermore, the market is expected to experience strong tailwinds on account of growing investor interest, lucrative product pipeline, faster regulatory approvals, and high competition to acquire potential start-ups. For example, some of the notable investments in the market include the USD 37 million funding of Venus MedTech by Goldman Sachs. In line with the market trends, the other market participants such as Boston Scientific, Edward Life Sciences, and Medtronic have also increased their investments to develop new products for management of mitral valve regurgitation and tricuspid valve replacements.
Browse full research report on global transcatheter valve market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/transcatheter-valve-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Aortic stenosis is the most prevalent valve disease, and if untreated it can lead to death. In 2015, transcatheter aortic valve segment accounted for the maximum revenue of over USD 1.6 billion and is expected to retain its dominant share over the forecast period.
- However, the transcatheter mitral valve segment is expected to emerge as the fastest growing with a CAGR of 23% over the forecast period. Increasing number of elderly patients with mitral regurgitation and growing demand for technologically advanced transcatheter valve devices are expected to drive the usage of transcatheter mitral valves over the forecast period.
- In 2015, the self-expanded transcatheter accounted for the largest market share of 65%. These catheters are most commonly used and, currently, most of the products that are available in the market are based on this technology. However, balloon expanded transcatheters are expected to have the fastest CAGR of 16.8% over the forecast period.
- North America held the maximum share of nearly49% in 2015. A combination of different factors such as the presence of large target population, high disposable income, strong reimbursement framework, contribute toward the high revenue generated in this region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 17.8% over the forecast period. Increasing disease burden, improvement in clinical trial regulations, growing preference for advanced medical technologies, increase in medical tourism, and special incentives for investments in healthcare sector are expected to strongly favor the growth in this region.
- Some key market players Boston Scientific Corporation, Bracco Group, Braile Biomedica, Direct Flow Medical, Edwards Lifesciences, JenaValve, St. Jude Medical, Symetis. ValveXchange, Edwards Lifesciences, and Medtronic are the early movers in this market have captured significant market share in the North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the transcatheter valve market by application, technology and region:
Transcatheter Valve Market Application Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Transcatheter aortic valve
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve
- Transcatheter mitral valve
Transcatheter Valve Market Technology Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Balloon expanded transcatheter valve
- Self-expanded transcatheter valve
Transcatheter Valve Market Regional Outlook, (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-transcatheter-valve-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs –grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com