Toshiba Medical, now part of Canon Group, is releasing a new 1.5 Tesla MRI scanner with features that benefit both patient comfort and how efficiently exams are conducted.
The Vantage Titan / Zen Edition 1.5T, as its name implies, offers a considerably quieter experience in certain scanning modes thanks to the firm’s Pianissimo technology. This can result in up to a 99% reduction in how loud the system is compared to many existing MRI scanners. There are also options to use MR Theater, a system that relies on a display wall behind the scanner and a mirror for patients to have something to look at during exams.
There are also advantages such as fast workflows and option presets that help to optimize scanning while speeding up how long patients spend in the scanning room.
Some of the other advantages of the Vantage Titan / Zen Edition 1.5T according to Toshiba:
- Multi-echo T2* Mapping takes cardiac workflow one step further. T2 maps with Toshiba Medical’s updated FFE2D mEcho sequence can be used in quantification and analysis of myocardial iron overload.
- T1 mapping that utilizes Modified Look Locker Inversion (MOLLI) sequence allows providers to acquire a more quantitative characterization of myocardial tissue within a single breath hold.
- Phase Sensitive Inversion Recovery (PSIR) in the heart provides improved contrast in late-enhanced imaging and eliminates the need for calibration, allowing cardiac exams to be completed with fewer breath holds and greater patient comfort.
- Ultrashort Echo Time (UTE) captures images in tissues that generally disappear too quickly for accurate MR imaging, enabling imaging of anatomy such as the MSK and lungs to help providers obtain more information to diagnose and treat their patients.
- Automatic slice alignment for difficult procedures like cardiac, neuro and spine exams with EasyTech, which standardizes workflow with automatic positioning while delivering consistent image quality.
Product page: Vantage Titan / Zen Edition 1.5T…
Via: Toshiba Medical…