The global protein expression market is expected to reach USD 3.0 billion by the year 2025 growing at a CAGR of 10.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for biologics and expansion of the biopharmaceutical industry have resulted in massive growth of the protein expression market. Rising demand for therapeutic proteins such as insulin, hormones, monoclonal antibodies,and vaccines is a major factor that propels growth of the market during forecast period.
Thus, many biotechnology and pharmaceuticals companies have begun to concentrate on the development and manufacturing of advanced therapeutic proteins for the treatment of severe chronic diseases such as cancer, hemophilia, infectious diseases, anemia, and multiple sclerosis. Increasing investment in the R&D, by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, is another major factor supporting the sector growth.
Browse Detail Report with TOC @
The availability of new and advanced technologies to cater the needs of drugs & biologics product manufacturers boosts the adoption of protein expression products for research and manufacturing applications. In addition, several pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers are undergoing collaborations and partnerships to achieve leadership in the sector. For instance, in December 2016, Takara Bio, Inc. signed a merger agreement with Rubicon Genomics, Inc. to strengthen its genomics business.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Prokaryotic expression systems segment was the largest revenue-generating amongst others owing to its large application in biologics and drug productions
- Mammalian cell expression systems is the fastest growing segment of the protein expression market owing to its growing demand for proteomics research and biologics manufacturing
- Reagents segment held the largest revenue share in the market, which is attributed to its repetitive purchase fortherapeutic, industrial, and research applications
- The services segment is projected to grow at highest rate due to increasing trend of outsourcing of protein expression services by research labs and drug manufacturers
Request A Sample copy of This Report @
- Therapeutic application segment was leading in 2016, due to high demand of therapeutic proteins for the treatment of cancer, infectious diseases, anemia, hemophilia, and multiple sclerosis
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies segment dominated the sector in terms of revenue in 2016 due to rising focus on proteomics research and increasing production of biologics products
- North America was the leading regional market in 2016 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, because of the presence of large number of biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in this region
- The Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at a highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to untapped opportunities in the developing countries including China and India
- Some of the major players include Agilent Technologies, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs, Promega Corporation, Qiagen, and Takara Bio, Inc.
Browse More Pharmaceutical Related Market Research Reports:
• Erythropoietin (EPO) Drugs Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts, 2014-2025 –
• Oncology Based In-vivo CRO Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts, 2014-2025 –
Hexa Reports is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.
Felton Office Plaza,
6265 Highway 9,
Felton, California, 95018,
Phone Number 1-800-489-3075
Email Us: email@example.com
Our Website: http://www.hexareports.com
Visit our Blog: http://hexareports.blogspot.com/