The global protein expression market is expected to reach USD 3.0 billion by the year 2025 growing at a CAGR of 10.4%, according to a new report by Radiant Insights. The growing demand for biologics and expansion of the biopharmaceutical industry has resulted in massive growth of the protein expression market. Rising demand for therapeutic proteins such as insulin, hormones, monoclonal antibodies, and vaccines is a major factor that propels growth of the market during forecast period. Thus, many biotechnology and pharmaceuticals companies have begun to concentrate on the development and manufacturing of advanced therapeutic proteins for the treatment of severe chronic diseases such as cancer, hemophilia, infectious diseases, anemia, and multiple sclerosis.
Increasing investment in the R&D, by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, is another major factor supporting the sector growth. The availability of new and advanced technologies to cater the needs of drugs & biologics product manufacturers boosts the adoption of protein expression products for research and manufacturing applications. In addition, several pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers are undergoing collaborations and partnerships to achieve leadership in the sector. For instance, in December 2016, Takara Bio, Inc. signed a merger agreement with Rubicon Genomics, Inc. to strengthen its genomics business.
The report “Protein Expression Market by Expression Systems (Prokaryotic, Mammalian Cell), By Product (Reagents, Competent Cells), By Application (Therapeutic, Industrial), By End-use, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025” is available now at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/protein-expression-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Prokaryotic expression systems segment was the largest revenue-generating amongst others owing to its large application in biologics and drug productions
- Mammalian cell expression systems is the fastest growing segment of the protein expression market owing to its growing demand for proteomics research and biologics manufacturing
- Reagents segment held the largest revenue share in the market, which is attributed to its repetitive purchase for therapeutic, industrial, and research applications
- The services segment is projected to grow at highest rate due to increasing trend of outsourcing of protein expression services by research labs and drug manufacturers
- Therapeutic application segment was leading in 2016, due to high demand of therapeutic proteins for the treatment of cancer, infectious diseases, anemia, hemophilia, and multiple sclerosis
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies segment dominated the sector in terms of revenue in 2016 due to rising focus on proteomics research and increasing production of biologics products
- North America was the leading regional market in 2016 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, because of the presence of large number of biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in this region
- The Asia Pacific region is projected to grow at a highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to untapped opportunities in the developing countries including China and India
- Some of the major players include Agilent Technologies, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA, New England Biolabs, Promega Corporation, Qiagen, and Takara Bio, Inc.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/protein-expression-market/request-sample
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Country Wise Market: Base Estimates
1.2 Global Market: CAGR Calculation
1.3 Region Based Segment Share Calculation
1.4 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.5 List of Data Sources
1.5.1 Data for primary interviews, by sources
1.5.2 Data for primary interviews, by region
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Protein Expression Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Market Driver Analysis
3.2.1 Escalating demand for biologics
3.2.2 Increasing investment in R&D
3.2.3 Rising funding by government for proteomics and genomics research
3.3 Market Restraint Analysis
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market- http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/u-s-durable-medical-equipment-dme-market
The U.S. durable medical equipment (DME) market is expected to reach USD 70.7 billion by 2025. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases requiring long-term care, rapidly growing geriatric population, and increasing penetration of home healthcare services & staff are the key drivers of the market. Increasing prevalence of chronic disorders requiring long-term patient care is anticipated to boost the usage of DME. Diseases such as diabetic foot, pressure ulcers, & cancer, which require long-term patient care and postoperative recovery, are anticipated to contribute toward the growth of U.S. DME market. Home healthcare is comparatively economic option over hospital stay. Hence, patients now prefer to avail post-operative recovery and long term care at home settings. Rising demand for home healthcare services opens avenues for the DME market players to up sell and cross sell the various products. Hence, proliferation of home healthcare services translates into growth of U.S. DME market at larger extent.
- MEA Parenteral Nutrition Market- http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/mea-parenteral-nutrition-market
The MEA parenteral nutrition market is expected to reach USD 377.1 million by 2025. The MEA parenteral nutrition market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to various parameters such as presence of large pool of malnourished children, rising premature births, increasing adoption by healthcare settings for nutrient administration in chronically ill geriatric patients, and rising prevalence rate of cancer within the region. Increasing prevalence of chronic conditions such as cancer unswervingly influences the use of parenteral nutrition across the globe. Parenteral nutrition helps in the administration of key vital nutrients that are useful in maintaining strength, energy, and hydration level in cancer patients, thus, acting a vital impact rendering driver expected to surge market growth over the forecast period.