Pharmacy automation involves automation and mechanization of tasks that include distribution and handling medication processes carried out in heath care centers and specialty pharmacy centers. The global pharmacy automation devices industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2014 to 2020 and reach over USD 8.99 billion.
Automation systems such as packaging and labeling systems, medication dispensing system, storage and retrieval systems, table-top counters and compounding systems are employed in order improve the efficacy of regular jobs within pharmacies. The market is expected to grow owing to features including system integration that increases productivity and time to clinicians for patient care, thereby lowering medication errors.
Rising demand for pharmaceutical products, progressively growing technology and demand for precise robotic equipment & tools to perform operations at a faster rate are expected to be the key factors for market growth. Untapped growth opportunities in countries such as Brazil, China, and India coupled with escalating demand for automation in pharmacy and healthcare operations is expected to drive growth over the forecast period.
The market was dominated by automated medication dispensing systems in 2013. It accounted for a share of over 47.8% owing to growing demand for accurate medication dispensing systems. Automated dispensing systems have the ability to reduce significantly error rates and the ability to dispense hands-free. They provide storage, recording of medication, distribution to resident care and computer controlled dispensation.
Browse full research report on global pharmacy automation devices market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pharmacy-automation-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Automated compounding systems are anticipated to grow rapidly at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2014 to 2020 owing to an increasing demand for mixing of medication and substantial decrease in total time to complete a dose.
- The existence of IT healthcare systems and high rate of penetration in healthcare and pharmaceutical units resulted in North America occupying the largest regional market in 2013. It accounted for about 54.8% of the market revenue. Increasing healthcare overheads and R&D relevant to pharmacy automation devices are few factors responsible for its market share.
- Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a CAGR of over 9.0% during the forecast period and is the most lucrative regional markets majorly due to improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies of China and India. Easy access available to new entrants including multinational pharmaceutical companies and distributors in this region coupled with the introduction of healthcare reforms in these countries is expected to drive market growth.
- Key industry players include AmerisourceBergen Corporation, CareFusion Corporation, Accu-Chart Healthcare, ForHealth Technologies, GSE Scale Systems, Fulcrum Inc,McKesson Corporation, Innovation PharmaAssist Robotics, Pearson Medical Technologies, Health Robotics SRL, Kirby Lester, MedDispence, Pyxis Pharmacy Automation Systems, Medacist, MTS Medication Technologies, OmnicellInc, Cerner Corporation, Rice Lake Weighing Systems, Baxter International Inc., Aesynt Inc., ScriptPro LLC, Parat Systems Pharmacy Automation, Yuyama Co. Ltd, Swisslog Holding Ltd,Talyst Inc. and ScriptPro LLC.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the pharmacy automation devices market on the basis of application, end-use and region:
Pharmacy Automation Devices Application Outlook
• Automated Medication Dispensing Systems
• Automated Packaging And Labeling Systems
• Automated Storage And Retrieval Systems
• Automated Medication Compounding Systems
• Table Top Tablet Counters
Pharmacy Automation Devices End-use Outlook
• Hospital Pharmacy
• Retail Pharmacy
Pharmacy Automation Devices Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Access press release of this report – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-pharmacy-automation-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs – grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519