The global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing/contract research market is anticipated to reach USD 238.3 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Impact on the volume of capacity that is required for production due to of increasing expression levels is anticipated to influence outsourcing industry. Increased cell densities as well as increase in expression of each cell have led to the steady decline in the volume requirement. The aforementioned fact provides the client with choices for in selection from several CMOs, which was not the fact earlier. The focus of large pharmaceutical companies to strategically engage with a small number of preferred providers is a meaningful departure from the procurement-based outsourcing. This was one of the many approaches that the service industry had become accustomed to.
Expanding market for biosimilars and biobetters is anticipated to pronounce the demand for contract development and manufacturing support. Service providers that hold the potential of providing cost as well as quality advantages are set to make inroads and grow at tremendous pace in the forecast period.
However, as drug manufacturers are increasing the investments with respect to production capabilities. This may limit the potential growth of contract manufacturing services to traditional customers thereby hampering industrial growth.
Download Full Research Report of Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing & Contract Research Market @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pharmaceutical-contract-manufacturing-and-contract-research-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• Contract manufacturing services estimated to dominate the market over research services • These services are segmented on the basis of development of different forms of formulations. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) / Bulk drugs registered the largest share of revenue.
• Pharmaceutical companies prefer the outsourcing services for API research and manufacture
• Factors supportive for this trend includes reduction in the cost of production of APIs
• Active molecules from small companies are always acquired by the big pharmaceutical companies
• The prominent entities focus on marketing rather than core competencies of production of API in order to maintain presence
• Finished dose formulations are expected to register the fastest growth in the coming years
• Contract research services for oncology dominated the market and are anticipated to maintain the dominance in the coming years
• CMOs/CDMOs with the ability to establish facilities in emerging countries are expected to drive growth
• Companies can position themselves for strong growth, given that demand is expected to expand rapidly in the coming years
• The major countries include Brazil. Russia, India, and China as the contract service sector is in its infancy in these regions
• Key players contributing in this market are AbbVie Contract Manufacturing, Catalent, Grifols International, S.A., Baxter BioPharma Solutions, Boehringer Ingelheim Biopharmaceuticals Gmbh, Dalton Pharma Services, and Patheon.
• Companies are engaged in lifecycle management of small-molecule drugs through the development of modified generics with uniquely enhanced properties
• Increased competitiveness in the contract service sector is anticipated to ultimately benefit the sector growth
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/pharmaceutical-contract-manufacturing-and-contract-research-market/request-sample
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Research Methodology
1.1 Information Procurement
1.2 Data Analysis
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing/Contract Research Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market driver analysis
126.96.36.199 Drug shortage leading to drive demand for pharmaceutical development
188.8.131.52 Commercial success of biologics for clinical use
184.108.40.206 Lower manufacturing costs and improving economic condition of BRIC
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
220.127.116.11 Limited outsourcing among big pharma companies’ clients
18.104.22.168 Regulatory issues pertaining to the drug approval
3.2 Penetration &Growth Prospect Mapping, 2016
3.3 Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing & Research Services – SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis – Porter’s
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
· Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market
The global prostate cancer therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 12.0 billion by 2025. According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime. As per Cancer Research, a government institute, in the UK, 46,690 new cases of prostate cancer were diagnosed out of which 11,287 patients died in 2014. Supportive initiatives undertaken by key players in collaboration with various governments to create more awareness of clinical symptoms about prostate cancer and availability of screening & diagnostic tests such as Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) and Digital Rectal Exam (DRE) resulting in early detection.
· Radiodermatitis Market
The global radiodermatitis market is expected to reach USD 442.1 million by 2025. The global radiodermatitis market is expected to grow at an unprecedented rate owing to the growing prevalence of cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy. The demand for radiodermatitis treatment is also accentuated by unmet medical needs of consumers in emerging as well as developed regions. Increasing focus of government healthcare organizations for promoting awareness about available treatment products for radiodermatitis predicted to present the market with high potential growth opportunities.
In addition, increasing R&D activities in the area of life sciences is presumed to be one of the significant factors contributing toward growth of this market. For instance, in December 2016, Molnlycke Health Care AB entered into a licensing agreement with a Texas-based R&D company Rochal Industries. This agreement was carried out to reinforce its position as a prevention solutions firm. In addition, they have signed a joint agreement to enhance their R&D capabilities and commercialize new patented technological platforms. Other factors such as escalating number of product launches with respect to radiodermatitis treatment and increasing demand for these products are expected to boost the overall market growth.