According to the report “Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market,” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 7.64 billion by 2021 from USD 5.68 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2021.
Excipients have been defined in many ways, including as inert substances used as vehicles and diluents for drugs. The problem with this definition is that in recent years excipients have proved to be anything but inert, not only possessing the ability to react with other ingredients in the formulation, but also to cause adverse and hypersensitivity reactions in patients. These range from a mild rash to a potentially life-threatening reaction. Different brands of the same drug may contain different excipients, especially preservatives and colourants. The Consumer Medicines Information provides a list of excipients, and information on the safety of individual excipients can be found in drug reference guides.
The best new therapeutic entity in the world is of little value without an appropriate delivery system.1Today, medicines are available in many dosage forms including tablets, capsules, oral liquids, topical creams and gels, transdermal patches, injectable products, implants, eye products, nasal products, inhalers and suppositories. Pharmaceutical excipients are substances that are included in a pharmaceutical dosage form not for their direct therapeutic action, but to aid the manufacturing process, to protect, support or enhance stability, or for bioavailability or patient acceptability. They may also assist in product identification and enhance the overall safety or function of the product during storage or use.2
Get a comprehensive overview of the Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-pharmaceutical-excipients-market-367/
Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market: Drivers & Restraints
Rise in chronic diseases due to sedentary life style, heavy investments by the pharmaceutical companies in development of biologics, adopting modern innovations like nanotechnology are key driving forces of the market. Reducing side-effects of drugs and developing eco-friendly solutions for manufacturing processes are the major challenge faced by the pharmaceutical industry.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market. Request a sample to stay up-to-date on the main trends affecting this market http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-pharmaceutical-excipients-market-367/request-sample
Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market: Segmentation
- Organic Chemicals
- Other Organic Chemicals
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Calcium Phosphates
- Metal Oxides
- Calcium Carbonates
- Calcium Sulfates
- Other Inorganic Chemicals
- Fillers & Diluents
- Suspension & Viscosity Agents
- Flavoring Agents
- Lubricants & Glidants
- Other Functionalities
By Formulation Type
- Oral Formulations
- Liquid Formulations
- Topical Formulations
- Parenteral Formulations
- Advanced Delivery Systems
From simple data collation through secondary and primary research toad-hoc research requests relating to specific information, we provide our services via customization. Get customization at http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-pharmaceutical-excipients-market-367/customize-report
Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market: Overview
Thousands of different excipients are used in medicines and make up, on average, about 90% of each product. They represent a market value of €3 billion (almost $4 billion) accounting for 0.5% of the total pharmaceutical market according to industry experts.
The pharmaceutical industry is ever thirsty to satisfy patient’s therapeutical needs and apart from active ingredients, inactive excipients play a major role in formulation development. Pharmaceutical excipients are substances other than the pharmacologically active drug or prodrug which are included in the manufacturing process or are contained in a finished pharmaceutical product dosage form.
In addition to transporting the active drug to the site in the body where the drug is intended to exert its action, excipients play an important part in the manufacturing process. They may also be important for keeping the drug from being released too early in the assimilation process in places where it could damage tender tissue and create gastric irritation or stomach upset.
Demand is increasing in the emerging markets like Asia-Pacific and Latin America, therefore proper expansion strategies, launching new product pipeline would be a lucrative opportunity for the companies operating in this industries. However, the growth of the market is hindered to a certain level by the fact that investments in R&D by major companies are not up to the required level and increasing regulatory requirements are making it increasingly hard to get new manufacturing facilities approved which are definite threats to overcome.
Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global market is analysed under various regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. Europe and North America occupy the majority of the share in market, accounting for almost 2/3 of the revenue. Despite that Asia-Pacific remains the dominant region in terms of growth because of the untapped resources it offers in terms of manufacturing facilities and sheer population figures.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Pharmaceutical Excipients market outlook worldwide? What trends are affecting the Global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Pharmaceutical Excipients space globally?
- What are the key, high growth markets that Pharmaceutical Excipients manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the Pharmaceutical Excipients currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfil these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook Pharmaceutical Excipients?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of Pharmaceutical Excipients?
Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market: Key Players
Emerging players in this market are giving a stiff competition to the top 10 players who occupy almost 70% of the total market. It can be attributed to the rapid growth of the market and opportunities it possesses in developing countries. Some of the key players operating in the field are Ashland Inc., AkzoNobel, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Associated British Foods PLC, BASF SE, Colorcon, Inc., Croda International PLC, Evonik Industries AG, FMC Corporation, Innophos Holdings Inc., J.M. Huber Corporation, Merck Millipore, Roquette Group, The DOW Chemical Company and Lubrizol Corporation.
Reasons to buy Global Pharmaceutical Excipients market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Checkout other related studies in the Pharmaceuticals Segment:
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options. For more information, kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Visit MarketDataForecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases