According to the report “Global Neurological Monitoring Devices Market,” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 10.43 billion by 2021 from USD 7.4 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2016 to 2021.
Specialised monitoring is essential in neurological patients in the operating rooms and intensive care units to prevent ischaemic and mechanical injury to the nervous system. The systems currently available for the purpose may be broadly classified into those that monitor intracranial pressure and blood flow dynamics and those that monitor brain electrical activity. The role of some of these systems still remains ill-defined. Many of them are expensive. Interpretation of the data from these monitors depends on a thorough knowledge of the clinical and technical aspects of the modality in use.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market. Request a free sample to stay up-to-date on the main trends affecting this market http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-neurological-monitoring-devices-market-2232/request-sample
Normal Intracranial Pressure (ICP) is defined as the pressure inside the lateral ventricles/lumbar subarachnoid space in supine position. The normal value of ICP is 10-15 mm Hg in adults. It is around 2-4 mmHg in neonates and infants. ICP is a reflection of the relation between intracranial contents and the available intracranial volume. Normal intracranial contents include brain (80%), cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) (10%) and intracranial blood volume (10%). Any increase in the volume of intracranial contents (tumours, haematomas, oedema, hyperaemia, hydrocephalus) within the confines of rigid skull increases the ICP. As the volume of intracranial contents increases, displacement of intracranial blood volume and CSF tends to prevent an increase in ICP. With increasing ICP, the rate of CSF reabsorption increases. The rate of CSF formation decreases very little until ICP approaches arterial pressure. Exhaustion of intracranial reserve leads to rapid rise in ICP. The purpose of ICP monitoring is to identify such increase in ICP and treat it before it causes cerebral ischaemia or herniation of the brain structures.
Global Neurological Monitoring Devices Market: Drivers & Restraints
Factors such as the rising incidence and prevalence of neurological disorders, increasing awareness about neurodegenerative diseases, technological developments in devices and increasing incidence of traumatic brain injuries are driving market growth. On the other hand lack of skilled professionals, high cost of complex devices, poor reimbursement policies and concern regarding the accuracy of diagnostic devices are restricting the market growth.
Get a comprehensive overview of the Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-neurological-monitoring-devices-market-2232/
Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market: Segmentation
- Monitors of Intracranial Pressure & Blood Flow Dynamics
- Intracranial Pressure Monitor
- Jugular Venous Oximetry
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD) Ultrasonography
- Near-Infrared Spectroscopy
- Brain Tissue Oxygen Tension Monitor
- Monitors of Brain Electrical Activity
- Evoked Potentials
By Therapeutic Application
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Headache Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Huntington’s Disease
By End User
- Neurological Centers and Institutions
- Clinics & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
From simple data collation through secondary and primary research to ad-hoc research requests relating to specific information, we provide our services via customization. Get customization at http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-neurological-monitoring-devices-market-2232/customize-report
Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market: Overview
Neurological devices industry is growing at a significant rate due to increase in the prevalence of neurological injuries and diseases. Neurological devices may be invasive in nature such as intracranial pressure monitors, which are used in serious cases. Non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices refer to the devices that help to monitor neural and electrical activity and pressure enclosing the brain. In case of brain death, trauma brain injury, epilepsy and other such conditions, non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices help to analyze the rate of flow of blood in arteries and veins in the brain. Non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices market is growing at a significant rate due to increasing awareness and improvement in healthcare facilities. In addition, non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices have made it possible for neurologists to measure brain health without being invasive. Non-invasive brain trauma monitoring devices help to get results fast and safely. In addition, they are easy to use and give accurate results.
Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on geography the market is analysed under various regions namely, North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle-East & Africa. North America holds the largest share of the neurological monitoring devices market due to the advancement of technology and improved healthcare facilities. This is closely followed by Europe but Asia-Pacific has the fastest growing market because of huge investments being made in healthcare research and the developing economy.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Neurological Monitoring Devices market outlook worldwide? What trends are affecting the Global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Neurological Monitoring Devices space globally?
- What are the key, high growth markets that Neurological Monitoring Devices manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the Neurological Monitoring Devices currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfil these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook of Neurological Monitoring Devices?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of Neurological Monitoring Devices?
Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market: Key Players
Key market players include CAS Medical Systems Inc., Compumedics Ltd., Natus Medical Inc., Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, AMD Global Telemedicine, Intel Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, InTouch Health, InTechnology, MEG International Services Ltd., Rimed Inc., Siemens Healthcare, Medtronic Inc., Electrical Geodesics Incorporated, Nihon Kohden Corporation and Advanced Brain Monitoring.
Reasons to buy Global Neurological Monitoring Devices market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Checkout other related studies in the Diagnostics Segment:
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options.
For more information, kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com.
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Visit Market Data Forecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases