WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “OpportunityAnalyzer: Cystic Fibrosis – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts”.
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an autosomal recessive disease caused by mutations in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene, which codes for the CFTR protein. As a multisystem condition, CF patients show great heterogeneity in presenting clinical symptoms. CF mainly affects the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. Three classes of drugs have been used to for treatment in CF patients: inhaled antibiotics for bacterial and fungal respiratory infections, mucolytic drugs for mucociliary clearance of the airways, and pancreatic enzyme replacement therapies (PERTs) for treatment of CF induced exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI). During the last five years, a new class of drugs was launched into the market, specifically treating the underlying cause of CF. These CFTR modulators help restore function of the insufficient CFTR protein. GlobalData projects the global cystic fibrosis marketplace to experience tremendous growth during the forecast period. This growth will be driven primarily by the highly anticipated arrival of the CFTR modulator, Vertex Pharmaceuticals’ ivacaftor/tezacaftor. Insmed’s inhaled antibiotic Arikace (liposomal amikacin) is also expected to launch during the forecast period but is not expected to drive CF market growth as much as the CFTR modulator, since it will be competing with other inhaled antibiotics.
Key Questions Answered
– Inhaled antibiotics, mucolytic drugs, and PERTs have been the cornerstone of CF treatment. The introduction of CFTR modulators have contributed to better treatment of CF patients; nevertheless, the overall life expectancy in CF patients is still 20-25 years less than in the healthy population. Therefore, there are considerably high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the CF market?
– The current late-stage CF pipeline encompasses one CFTR modulating combination therapy and an inhaled antibiotic. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the CF market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
– CFTR modulators treat the cause of the CF disease. How will the entrance of CFTR modulators into the CF therapy market affect the other classes of drugs?
– Overview of cystic fibrosis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized CF therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the CF therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CF therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Key points to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CF therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CF therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global CF therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Cystic Fibrosis: Executive Summary 9
2.1 CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Modulators Expected to Drive Substantial Growth in the Cystic Fibrosis Market from 2015-2025 9
2.2 Licensing Activity and the Formation of New Partnerships Will Steer Small Companies to Continue Research of Novel Compounds 11
2.3 Marketed and Pipeline CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Modulators Will Provide Appropriate Treatment for the Majority of the CF Population, but the High Unmet Needs Will Remain 12
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
Email Us at : email@example.com
Reach Us at : +1 339 368 6938 (US) +44 208 133 9349 (UK)