According to the report “Global Bioabsorbable Stents Market,” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 1.8 billion by 2021 from USD 0.315 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 41.64% from 2016 to 2021.
This bioabsorbable stent has struts made of polylactic acid and an additional polylactic acid coating contains the anti-proliferative drug everolimus. Everolimus is also used on Abbott’s Xience V stent, which is commercially available in many parts of the world. The struts and the coating on Abbott’s bioabsorbable stent are designed to be fully absorbed by the body over time. The idea behind a bioabsorbable stent is that the struts only exist for as long as needed to support the vessel as it heals, and then they disappear, so the vessel has the potential to return to a more natural, healed state.
Bioabsorbable stents, once they are bioabsorbed, leave behind only the healed natural vessel, allowing restoration of vasoreactivity with the potential of vessel remodeling. Late stent thrombosis is unlikely since the stent is gone, and prolonged antiplatelet therapy is not necessary in this instance. Bioabsorbable stents can also be suitable for complex anatomy where stents impede on vessel geometry and morphology and are prone to crushing and fractures, such as is seen in saphenous femoral and tibial arteries. Bioabsorbable implant stents can be used as a delivery device for agents such as drugs and genes, and will perhaps play a role in the treatment of vulnerable plaque. Transferring genes that code key regulatory pathways of cell proliferation inside the cells of the arterial wall using polymer stents as vehicles is feasible. Regardless of which agent (drug or gene) will finally conquer restenosis, a polymer stent remains an optional vehicle for such delivery. Finally, bioabsorbable stents are compatible with MRI and MSCT imaging.
Get a comprehensive overview of the Global Bioabsorbable Stents market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-bioabsorbable-stents-market-2170/
Global Bioabsorbable Stents Market: Drivers & Restraints
Increment in cardiovascular surgeries is due to rise in danger of cardiovascular issue among the people suffering from obesity. As per WHO reports, cardio vascular problems are the main source of death than any other health issues, further it is expected that by 2030 more than 23 million individuals may die due to Cardio vascular diseases. Thus, aging population and increase in the cardiovascular diseases are the key driving factors for the growth of the market. Positive outcomes of surgeries with bioabsorbable stents and Post-surgery reports also account for the development of market. However, there are many regulatory, technological, safety-efficacy and also cost related issues which market has to deal with before reaching its full potential.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Global Bioabsorbable Stents market. Request a sample to stay up-to-date on the main trends affecting this market http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-bioabsorbable-stents-market-2170/request-sample
Global Bioabsorbable Stents market: Segmentation
- Polymer stents
- Metallic stents
- Slow absorption stents
- High absorption stents
- Coronary artery disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Cardiac centres
From simple data collation through secondary and primary research toad-hoc research requests relating to specific information, we provide our services via customization. Get customization at http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-bioabsorbable-stents-market-2170/customize-report
Global Bioabsorbable Stents market: Overview
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the first fully absorbable stent to treat coronary artery disease. The Absorb GT1 Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold System (BVS), which releases the drug everolimus to limit the growth of scar tissue, is gradually absorbed by the body in approximately three years.
“The FDA’s approval of the Absorb GT1 BVS offers a new treatment option for individuals who are candidates for angioplasty, but would prefer an absorbable device rather than a permanent metallic coronary stent,” said Bram Zuckerman, M.D., director of the division of cardiovascular devices at the FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health.
Coronary heart disease is responsible for about 370,000 deaths each year in the U.S., according to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. The condition develops when cholesterol-containing deposits build up and narrow the coronary arteries, decreasing blood flow to the heart. This can cause chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, fatigue or other heart disease symptoms. Doctors often treat coronary artery disease with a procedure called angioplasty to widen the artery using a metal stent. Scar tissue can form within the stent causing the artery to narrow again (restenosis). Drug-eluting stents temporarily release a drug, typically for a few months after stent placement, to combat the formation of scar tissue.
The Absorb GT1 BVS is manufactured from a biodegradable polymer called poly(L-lactide), which is similar to materials used in other types of absorbable medical devices, such as sutures. The device’s absorption by the body gradually eliminates the presence of foreign material in the artery once the stent is no longer needed. After absorption, there are only four very small platinum markers embedded in the walls of the artery, which help cardiologists identify where the Absorb GT1 BVS was originally placed.
Global Bioabsorbable Stents market: Region-wise Outlook
By region, market can be segmented as North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe and Middle East and Africa. On the basis of geography, the highest market share holder is Europe, followed by North America.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Bioabsorbable Stents market outlook worldwide? What trends are affecting the Global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Bioabsorbable Stents space globally?
- What are the key, high growth markets that Bioabsorbable Stents manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the Bioabsorbable Stents currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfil these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook Bioabsorbable Stents?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of Bioabsorbable Stents?
Global Bioabsorbable Stents market: Key Players
Some of the major players in global market of bioabsorbable stents are Elixir Medical Corporation, Arteries Limited, Amaranth Medical Inc, Abbott Laboratories, Arterial Remodeling Technologies S.A, Biotronik, Kyoto Medical Planning Co Ltd., Reva Medical Inc, Tepha.Inc, SMT, Xenogenics Corporation.
Reasons to buy Global Bioabsorbable Stents market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options. For more information, kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206