According to the report “Global Antivenom Market,” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 1493.2 million by 2021 from USD 1109.5 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 6.12% from 2016 to 2021.
Antivenom acts to neutralize the poisonous venom of the cobra and causes the venom to be released from the receptor site. Thus, the receptor sites that were previously blocked by venom are now free to interact with the acetylcholine molecule, and normal respiration resumes. The spent antivenom and the neutralized venom are then excreted from the body.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Global Antivenom market. Request a free sample to stay up-to-date on the main trends affecting this market http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-antivenom-market-1580/request-sample
Venom composition (and its corresponding toxicity) can vary among cobras from the same species and even from the same litter–it can also vary for an individual cobra during its lifetime–and all of this makes each cobra bite truly unique. In order to insure correct treatment, antibodies specific to each form of cobra venom must be developed. The correct antibodies may be synthesized by injecting horses with a small amount of cobra venom, and then collecting the antibodies produced by the horses’ immune systems. Of course, large samples of cobra venom must be collected for this process, and many snake farms around the world make significant amounts of money by harvesting the deadly snake toxin.
Careful execution of the injection of the antivenom is necessary to avoid any complications that may result from improper treatment. If the amount of antivenom is not sufficient to neutralize all of the venom, a portion of the receptor sites will remain blocked and the person would require the use of artificial respiration machines and electrical impulses to have complete respiration. Due to the size of the antivenom molecule, if given in great excess it may act to shield the receptor site from interaction with the acetylcholine molecule. Thus, the victim would develop symptoms similar to that of being bitten by a snake. Unlike cobra venom; however, the antivenom will eventually be released from the body. The rate of release is very slow, and although there are no proven cases of excess antivenom causing death, severe problems such as paralysis have occurred.
Get a comprehensive overview of the Global Antivenom market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-antivenom-market-1580/
Global Antivenom Market: Drivers & Restraints
Increasing government initiations to promote the development of high quality antivenom products, presence of highest number of snake bite victims (especially from Asia & Africa regions), and estimated pipeline products launch are driving the growth of global Antivenom Market. In addition, growing of deaths from venomous animal’s bites and increasing research to develop advanced antivenom products are further stimulating the growth of global Antivenom Market. However, withdrawal of antivenom products, insufficient funding to develop the antivenom products to meet demand, high cost of the products, regulatory complexities, and high costs of maintaining livestock for antivenom production are restraining the growth of global Antivenom Market..
Global Antivenom market: Segmentation
- Hyperimmune Sera
From simple data collation through secondary and primary research to ad-hoc research requests relating to specific information, we provide our services via customization. Get customization at http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-antivenom-market-1580/customize-report
Global Antivenom market: Overview
Biopharmaceuticals are among the most sophisticated and elegant achievements of modern very year some 100,000 people die all over the world after being bitten by a venomous snake. Depending on the toxicity of the venom and how much venom is injected into the body, a snakebite will cause tingling, muscle weakness, nausea swallowing difficulties, excess saliva and potentially fatal breathing problems. To avoid getting killed, a snakebite victim must immediately go to a hospital for antivenom treatment. If the patient is brought in due time and, of course, if the hospital has the corresponding antivenom in stock, there’s an almost 100% chance she will survive. As you might have guessed, the prevailing reason why so many people die from venomous snakebites, even though a hospital is nearby, is because there isn’t enough antivenom to spare.
The quantity of venom even season professionals can milk is very small, though, so snakes have to be milked many, many times to produce a useful amount. For instance, it took a total of three years and 69,000 milkings to get one single pint of coral snake venom. Once milked, the venom must be cooled to below minus 20 Celsius and usually freeze-dried for easier storage and transport. This process also concentrates the venom and removes water. Of course, each vial of venom needs to be correctly labeled with the snake’s species, geographical position and so on. Then comes the immunization part.
Global Antivenom market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global market is analysed under various regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle-East & Africa. North America is the dominating market for Antivenom accounting for a share of approximately 39.0% followed by Europe in 2016. Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing region with a CAGR of 8.59% during the forecast period of 2016-2021.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Antivenom Drugs market outlook worldwide? What trends are affecting the Global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Antivenom Drugs space globally?
- What are the key, high growth markets that Antivenom Drugs manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the Antivenom Drugs currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfil these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook of Antivenom Drugs?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of Antivenom Drugs?
Global Antivenom market: Key Players
Key market players in the global Antivenom market include Instituto Bioclon, S.A. de C.V. (Mexico), Pfizer AG (Switzerland), CSL Limited (Australia), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S.), Rare Disease Therapeutics, Inc. (U.S.), Vins Bioproducts Limited (India), BTG Plc (U.K.), Incepta Vaccine Ltd. (Bangladesh), and Bharat Serum and Vaccines Limited (BSV) (India).
Reasons to buy Global Antivenom market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Checkout other related studies in the Pharmaceuticals Segment:
Regenerative Medicines Market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-regenerative-medicines-market-272/
Plasma Protein Therapeutics Market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-plasma-protein-therapeutics-market-235/
Therapeutic Vaccine Market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-therapeutic-vaccines-market-71/
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options.
For more information, kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com.
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Visit Market Data Forecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases