The Asia-Pacific ‘Anti-Fungal Drugs Market’ research report, published by Market Data Forecast estimates that the market itself was worth $1.94 billion in 2016 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1%, to reach $2.38 billion by 2021.
There are several types of antifungal medicines. They come as creams, sprays, solutions, tablets designed to go into the vagina, shampoos, medicines to take by mouth, and injections. Most work by damaging the cell wall of the fungus, which causes the fungal cell to die. People who are prescribed an antifungal injection are usually in hospital and are very ill.
The length of treatment depends on what type of fungal infection you have, how severe it is and if you have any other health problems – for example, problems with your immune system. Some courses of treatment can be as short as a few days while other courses can be a long as eight weeks (eg, for ringworm, infection of the scalp).
The report also presents detailed analysis of multitude of factors affecting the Anti-Fungal Drugs market bearing either positive or negative outcomes. Some of those factors are:
- Rising awareness of fungal infections with the increasing incidence of antifungal infections all over the world
- Rising government and corporate funding in the industry
- Development of public private partnership in the pharmaceutical industry
- Rising popularity of over-the-counter antifungal drugs for dermal infections
- Increase of population in whom the occurrence of fungal infections is much more than average
- Existing high penetration of conventional drugs used for the treatment of fungal infections
For granular level understanding the Anti-Fungal Drugs Market is segmented based on product and application, each being provided with Market Size Estimates and Y-o-Y Forecasts. The antifungal drugs market is segmented by drug type into Echinocandins, Azoles, Polyenes, Allylamines and Other Drugs. Also, the market is segmented by type of therapeutic indications into Aspergillosis, Dermatophytosis, Candidiasis, Other therapeutic indications. And the market is also segmented by applications into Powders, Ointments, Drugs, Pastes. While Azoles which include fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole and voriconazole, are systemically acting, Echinocandins which include anidulafungin, caspofungin and micafungin are lipopeptides derived from natural fungal fermentation products and Polyenes which include include amphotericin B deoxycholate and liposomal amphotericin B. Corifungin are systemically acting and disrupts eukaryotic cellular membranes. Azoles segment is the largest segment of the market followed by echinocandins.
On the basis of geography, the Asia-pacific antifungal drugs market is segmented into the countries China, India, Japan, South Korea. The Antifungal drugs market in Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing followed by Latin America. India antifungal drugs market is the fastest growing in the Asia-pacific region.
Major market players dominating the market, include Alternaria, Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi-Aventis, Merck & Co., Asperqillus, Bayer Healthcare, Kramer Laboratories, Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Glaxosmithkline Gilead and Abbott Laboratories.
Checkout other related studies in the Pharmaceuticals Segment:
Anti-fungal drugs Market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-anti-fungal-drugs-market-242/
The Asia-Pacific Anti-Fungal Drugs Market report offers wide-range of scope:
- Regional and country-level analysis that provides an individual perspective of Asia-Pacific region and the aforementioned countries
- Know more about key areas of industry growth via detailed Segment-level analysis on basis of product type long with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations
- Detailed explanation of major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges(DROC) that affect the market and impact the ever-shifting market dynamics
- Strategic Analyses containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses which are obtained by studying the macro & micro environmental factors that affect the market demographics
- Comprehensive listing of key market players along with Company overview, product portfolios, financials (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and analyst overview
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Market Outlook – Investment opportunities devised by stand in experts to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options. For more info kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Visit MarketDataForecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases