According to the report “Global Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 10.69 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 21.6%.
Next generation sequencing (NGS), massively parallel or deep sequencing are related terms that describe a DNA sequencing technology which has revolutionized genomic research. Using NGS an entire human genome can be sequenced within a single day. In contrast, the previous Sanger sequencing technology, used to decipher the human genome, required over a decade to deliver the final draft. Although in genome research NGS has mostly superseded conventional Sanger sequencing, it has not yet translated into routine clinical practice.
There are a number of different NGS platforms using different sequencing technologies. However, all NGS platforms perform sequencing of millions of small fragments of DNA in parallel. Bioinformatics analyses are used to piece together these fragments by mapping the individual reads to the human reference genome. Each of the three billion bases in the human genome is sequenced multiple times, providing high depth to deliver accurate data and an insight into unexpected DNA variation. NGS can be used to sequence entire genomes or constrained to specific areas of interest, including all 22,000 coding genes (a whole exome) or small numbers of individual genes.
The factors influencing the Global Market for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, either positively or negatively are presented in the DROC analysis. Advancements in pre-sequencing and NGS bioinformatics solutions, Rise in growth of personalized medicine and cloud computing, increasing incidences of infectious diseases, growth in global population, and cancer are few factors driving the market growth. In addition, anticipated decrease in the prices of genome sequencing due to development of rapid, high capacity whole genome sequencers by key players is expected to have a positive effect on market penetration rates over the few years. However, the storage and management of data generated by sequencing and its interpretation, high reliability on grants & funding from the government and fall in capital expenditure from academic institutions are few factors hindering the growth of global next generation sequencing market.
For granular level understanding, the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market is segmented based on the following categories with Market Size Estimations and Y-o-Y Forecasts presented for each sub-segments.
- By Product
- By Technology
- Whole Targeted Re-Sequencing
- Genome Sequencing
- De Novo Sequencing
- Exome Sequencing
- By Application
- Drug Discovery
- Biomarker Discovery
- Personalized Medicine
- Agriculture and Animals Research
Each market is further analyzed at a ground level by geography, under Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America and Africa & Middle-East. North America is poised to account for the prime market share of the NGS market, followed by Europe.
Asia-Pacific region presents significant opportunities for the investors/venture capitalists as the developed markets get saturated. The presence of noteworthy developments in China and Japan for integration of new technologies, and the development of healthcare, R&D and clinical development frameworks of developing economies such as India and Australia have led to the Asia Pacific market to witness rewarding growth throughout the forecast period.
- North America Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market
- Europe Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market
- Asia-Pacific Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market
- Latin America Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market
- Middle East and Africa Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market
At present, the next generation sequencing market is amalgamated with a few market players due to involvement of exceptionally complicated technologies and the low target audience for the systems. The market is dominated by Illumina, which accounted for the largest market share of approximately 70%. Other major players in the market include Thermo Fischer Scientific, Pacific Biosciences, Macrogen Inc.,Partek Inc., Genomatix Software GmbH, Perkin Elmer inc.,GATC Biotech Ag, Agilent Technologies Inc., Biomatters Ltd., BGI (Beijing Genomics Institute), Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.,DNASTAR Inc., Knome Inc., and Qiagen N.V.
The Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market study offers the following deliverables:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is blooming
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that effect the global market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Checkout other related studies in the Biotechnology Segment:
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options. For more info kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Visit MarketDataForecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases