According to the report “Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics Market,” published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 2.99 billion by 2021 from USD 2.08 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.54% from 2016 to 2021.
Pancreatic cancer starts when cells in the pancreas start to grow out of control. The pancreas is an organ that sits behind the stomach. It’s shaped a bit like a fish with a wide head, a tapering body, and a narrow, pointed tail. In adults it’s about 6 inches long but less than 2 inches wide. The head of the pancreas is on the right side of the abdomen (belly), behind where the stomach meets the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). The body of the pancreas is behind the stomach, and the tail of the pancreas is on the left side of the abdomen next to the spleen.
The exocrine cells and endocrine cells of the pancreas form different types of tumors. It’s very important to know if the cancer in the pancreas is an exocrine or endocrine cancer. They have distinct risk factors and causes, have different signs and symptoms, are diagnosed with different tests, are treated in different ways, and have different outlooks.
Get a comprehensive overview of the Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market: http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-pancreatic-cancer-market-1277/
Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics Market: Drivers & Restraints
Cancer starts when cells in the body begin to grow beyond control. Pancreatic cancer starts when cells in the pancreas start to grow incessantly eventually resulting in symptoms like abdominal pain, weight loss, diarrhea, and jaundice. The developed tumor hinders the normal functioning of pancreas. The biggest risk factor which leads to pancreatic cancer is smoking. Apart from lifestyle dependent factors like alcohol consumption, obesity and smoking, a personal or family history of pancreatitis or old age may result in a person being affected by pancreatic cancer.
Having less than five-year survival, the pancreatic cancer market has one of the highest unmet therapy needs in the oncology market across the globe. Clearly, this is also the most challenging aspect that this market needs to address. Given the insuppressible nature of pancreatic cancer, treatments often return insufficient results. This challenge is yet another barrier to the growth of this market. Technologies are yet to develop fully for the timely diagnosis of this cancer type, which results in the diagnosis of majority of pancreatic cancer patients at an advanced stage of the disease. This explains the high mortality rates associated with pancreatic cancer. Estimates show that only a small percentage, that is about 12% to 15% of the patients is diagnosed early enough to be treated with surgical procedures, drugs, and chemotherapy.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market. Request a sample to stay up-to-date on the main trends affecting this market http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-pancreatic-cancer-market-1277/request-sample
Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market: Segmentation
Type of Treatment
- Radiation Therapy
- Exocrine Pancreas Cancer
- Endocrine Pancreas Cancer
- Research Institutes
From simple data collation through secondary and primary research toad-hoc research requests relating to specific information, we provide our services via customization. Get customization at http://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-pancreatic-cancer-market-1277/customize-report
Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market: Overview
Apart from lifestyle-dependent factors, a personal or family history of pancreatitis and BRCA2 mutation predisposes a person to pancreatic cancer.
A number of imaging techniques such as CT scan, MRI, and ultrasound are used for diagnosis of the disease. Chemotherapy is the most common form of treatment provided by medical practitioners and oncologists. Currently, there are only four drugs approved by the U.S. FDA for the treatment of pancreatic cancer: ABRAXANE, (albumin-bound paclitaxel); Gemzar (gemcitabine); 5-FU (fluorouracil); and ONIVYDE (irinotecan liposome injection). Apart from these four drugs, FOLFIRINOX, a combination of three chemotherapy drugs (5-FU/leucovorin, irinotecan, and oxaliplatin) is commonly used in the treatment of metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Other emerging chemotherapies for advanced pancreatic cancer combined with agents already approved for use are being investigated in clinical trials.
In developing countries, governments are continuously investing huge amount of funds to improve patient-centered care. Increasing geriatric population base, rising prevalence of pancreatic cancer cases, and rapid growth in foreign investments are expected to be witnessed over the forecast period in the developing nations of Asia Pacific and Middle East region.
Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on geography the market is segmented into various regions namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle-East & Africa. Globally North America is the largest market for pancreatic cancer. The prevalence of pancreatic cancer is more in North American countries with U.S. having the highest number of pancreatic cancer patients in the world. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market for pancreatic cancer. Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region across the globe.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market outlook worldwide? What trends are affecting the Global market?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics space globally?
- What are the key, high growth markets that Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfil these unmet needs?
- What is physician perception and market outlook of Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics?
Global Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market: Key Players
Key players in the pancreatic cancer market include Eli Lilly, Amgen, Inc., Celgene Corp., F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Clovis Oncology Inc., Pfizer, Novartis AG, Threshold Pharmaceuticals Inc., Aduro BioTech Inc., Infinity Pharmaceuticals Inc. and NewLink Genetics Corp.
Reasons to buy Pancreatic Cancer Therapeutics market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Checkout other related studies in the Therapeutics Segment:
About Market Data Forecast:
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the area of market research and business intelligence. With rich experience in research across various business domains, they cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. From all-encompassing umbrella markets to extremely specific niche markets covering all the major regions across the globe as part of the research scope, their research services offer one of a kind specialities with competitive pricing options. For more information, kindly visit, www.marketdataforecast.com.
Sales Manager (International Business Development)
Market Data Forecast
Direct Line: +1-888-702-9626
Mobile: +91 998 555 0206
Visit MarketDataForecast Blog @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/blog/
View latest Press Releases of MDF @ http://www.marketdataforecast.com/press-releases