The global structural heart devices market is expected to reach USD 9.1 billion by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness an exponential growth over the next 8 years due to the rapid increase in cardiovascular conditions and increasing power of healthcare expenditure.
The defects are mostly present at birth, thereby directly affecting the under-5 mortality rate of a country. Therefore, rigorous actions are being undertaken by various government bodies across the globe to increase access to treatment. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have a public action plan to efficient management of cardiac conditions.
In addition, other organizations are working on improving the scenario for structural heart diseases treatment. For instance, in November 2016, the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) announced a launch of a journal focusing on diagnosis and treatment of structural heart defects. It was titled Structural Heart: The Journal of the Heart Team and is expected to be launched in May 2017. This is expected to trigger research & development activities along with capital invested in this field, resulting in technological advancements.
Browse full research report on global structural heart devices market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/structural-heart-devices-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR) dominated the market in 2016, closely followed by Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR). It can be attributed to the longest presence of the technique in the treatment regimen of aortic stenosis
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) is anticipated to be one of the fastest growing segment owing to the minimally invasive nature of the procedure. It also helps in reduction of risk of stroke, thus is projected to have a higher demand
- Geographically, North America held the largest market share in 2016 and is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period. High prevalence of cognitive heart diseases is the key reason for this dominance. Moreover, the mandatory CCHD screening for newborns imposed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) in September 2014 also contributes to the growth in this region
- Asia Pacific is also expected to witness a rapid growth over the forecast period. The improved access and capability for treatments in this region is the key reason for this growth
- Some of the key players are Medtronic, ST. JUDE MEDICAL, Boston Scientific Corporation, CardioKinetix, Comed BV, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, LivaNova PLC, Abbott Laboratories, JenaValve Technology, Inc., and Biomerics
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the structural heart devices market by type and region:
Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Mitral Repair (Annuloplasty)
Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-structural-heart-devices-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com