As of 2016, outbred type of rat model is commonly utilized for research and educational activities within the healthcare domain. However, advancement in production technologies is expected to boost growth of knockout and conditioned rats. Furthermore, supportive infrastructure and technology coupled with growing incidence of chronic conditions & genetic mutation amongst human species are expected to extend higher applicability for research purposes, thereby boosting growth.
The report “Rat Model Market Analysis By Type (Knockout, Outbred, Inbred, Hybrid, Immunodeficient, Conditioned), By Technology (Nuclear Transferase, Microinjection), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025” is available now at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/rat-model-market
The production technologies for aforementioned type of model are recent in nature and can be traced back to 2008, post the development of mobile DNA technology. The first knockout model was introduced in 2009 using Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN) method, which led to advancement in the field of rat models. Other tools for genetic editing are Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR), homologous recombination, and N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea (ENU) mutagenesis.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/rat-model-market/request-sample
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Outbred is expected to dominate the type segment for rat model market. Presence of numerous outbred type and higher applicability of these to mimic human diseases is anticipated to support growth over the forecast period.
- Microinjection is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to faster development of the models and reduction in breeding time. Similarly, development of newer technology within the other segment is expected to propel growth.
- Based on services, the rat model market is predicted to witness higher revenue contribution by breeding process. Cryopreservation is anticipated to witness fastest growth over the forecast period.
- Rising production of conditioned rats for behavioral studies and growing R&D within neurological application is expected to support lucrative growth of rat model. Other application expected to support growth include cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, obesity, and renal disorders.
- The key market players of the industry include Covance Inc.; Envigo; Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.; Horizon Discovery Group plc.; TransViragen, Inc.; Javier Labs; and others. Mergers & acquisitions are expected to strengthen company capabilities. For instance, the Horizon Discovery Group plc. accomplished the aforementioned goal by acquiring SAGE Labs, Inc. in 2014.
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Raw Material Market- http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/hyaluronic-acid-ha-raw-material-market
The orthopedics segment dominated the overall market in 2015 with the highest revenue generation. The increasing geriatric population base, rising incidence of osteoarthritis, and growing adoption of viscosupplements in the treatments contribute to the large market share of this segment. Furthermore, the drug delivery segment is projected to be the fastest growing over the forecast period with a significantly higher CAGR. The increasing R&D activities focusing on targeted drug delivery systems and growing usage of hyaluronic acid in anti-cancer drug delivery is expected to contribute to the market growth.
- Gout Therapeutics Market- http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/gout-therapeutics-market
The gout therapeutics market is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the introduction of major urate-lowering agents, approval of effective biologics, and increasing number of patients suffering from chronic gout.In December 2015, AstraZeneca’s product, Zurampic (lesinurad), in combination with xanthine oxidase inhibitor (XOI) received an approval from the U. S. FDA to treat gout. Later in February 2016, the European Commission approved the drug throughout the European Union (EU). Hence, introduction of urate-lowering agents is expected to drive the market
About Radiant Insights, Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information or any query mail at email@example.com