Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disease characterized by hyperglycemia (high blood glucose levels) that results from defects in insulin secretion, insulin action, or both. Chronic hyperglycemia in diabetic patients is associated with long-term damage, dysfunction and failure of multiple organs, including the eyes, kidneys, nerves, heart and blood vessels. The vast majority of diabetes mellitus patients can be classified as having either type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) or type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Obesity, meanwhile, is defined as abnormal or excessive body fat accumulation that presents a risk to health.
A current global rise in T2DM prevalence is intrinsically linked with the current global rise in obesity. The rapidly increasing global obesity prevalence has resulted in it being considered a global epidemic, and there is a vast and growing global patient population potentially requiring pharmacotherapeutic treatment.
Historically anti-obesity therapeutics have been out of favor due to safety concerns. Both diabetes and obesity products are commonly associated with cardiovascular adverse events, and this is further compounded by concerns relating to cancer development through long-term usage of anti-obesity products. This has resulted in an unmet need for products with favorable safety and efficacy profiles, particularly in the case of obesity.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=799451
The market size for the diabetes and obesity disease cluster is set to increase considerably, driven by the success of a number of T2DM pipeline products, and a rapidly expanding global patient population. However, obesity pipeline activity is set to remain markedly low, despite a patient population of epidemic proportions.
– What are the current treatment options for diabetes and obesity?
– What are the common molecular targets of pipeline therapies, and how strongly do they overlap with the current market?
– Will the pipeline address unmet needs such as a lack of safe treatment options for diabetes and obesity patients?
– Which late-stage pipeline products are likely to impact the current market?
– How are revenues of key companies, targets and molecule types anticipated to change over the forecast period?
– Which companies are anticipated to be the most prominent players over the next seven years?
– How do licensing and co-development deals compare between diabetes and obesity?
Reasons To Buy
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis, including a clinical comparison of marketed therapies.
– Visualize the composition of the diabetes and obesity market in terms of the clinical and commercial standing of current dominant therapies. Unmet needs are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
– Analyze the diabetes and obesity pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. There is a strong contrast in the amount of pipeline activity for diabetes and obesity.
– Analyze how individual company, molecule type and molecular target revenues are anticipated to change over the forecast period, highlighting prominent companies and the most promising molecule types and targets.
– Identify which companies are the current key players for the disease cluster, and how this pattern is anticipated to change over the forecast period.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the diabetes and obesity deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 41.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 6
2 Introduction 9
2.1 Therapy Area Introduction 9
2.1.1 Diabetes 9
2.1.2 Obesity 10
2.2 Symptoms 11
2.2.1 Diabetes 11
2.2.2 Obesity 11
2.3 Etiology and Pathophysiology 11
2.3.1 Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus 11
2.3.2 Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus 12
2.3.3 Obesity 12
2.3.4 The Association between Obesity and T2DM 13
2.4 Comorbidities and Complications 13
2.5 Epidemiology Patterns and Forecasts across the 7MM 14
2.5.1 Diabetes 15
2.5.2 Obesity 16
2.6 Treatment 17
2.6.1 Diabetic Pharmacotherapeutics 17
2.6.2 Insulin Therapy 18
2.6.3 Amylin Analogs 19
2.6.4 Obesity Pharmacotherapeutics 20
3 Key Marketed Products 22
3.1 Overview 22
3.2 Diabetes – Top Eight Key Marketed Products 23
3.2.1 Lantus (insulin glargine) – Sanofi 23
3.2.2 Novolog (insulin aspart) – Novo Nordisk 24
3.2.3 Januvia (sitagliptin phosphate) – Merck & Co 25
3.2.4 Levemir (insulin detemir) – Novo Nordisk 26
3.2.5 Victoza (liraglutide) – Novo Nordisk 27
3.2.6 Humalog (insulin lispro) – Eli Lilly 28
3.2.7 Janumet (metformin hydrochloride plus sitagliptin phosphate) – Merck & Co 29
3.2.8 New Market Entrants 30
3.3 Obesity Overview 31
3.3.1 Saxenda (liraglutide) 32
3.3.2 Belviq (lorcaserin hydrochloride) 33
3.3.3 Xenical (orlistat) 34
3.3.4 Contrave (bupropion hydrochloride plus naltrexone) 34
3.4 Conclusion 35
4 Pipeline Landscape Assessment 36
4.1 Overview 36
4.2 Pipeline Development Landscape 37
4.3 Molecular Targets in the Pipeline 40
4.4 Clinical Trials 43
4.4.1 Failure Rate by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 43
4.4.2 Clinical Trial Duration by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 47
4.4.3 Clinical Trial Size by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 50
4.4.4 Aggregate Clinical Program Size by Stage of Development, Indication, Molecule Type and Molecular Target 53
4.5 Late-Stage Drugs of the Developmental Pipeline 56
4.5.1 Saxagliptin plus dapagliflozin (dapagliflozin propanediol plus saxagliptin) – AstraZeneca 56
4.5.2 Semaglutide (OG-217SC and NN-9535 – Oral and Subcutaneous) – Novo Nordisk 57
4.5.3 LixiLan (insulin glargine plus lixisenatide) – Sanofi 58
4.5.4 NN-1218 (insulin aspart) – Novo Nordisk 59
4.5.5 Ertugliflozin (PF-04971729) – Merck & Co/Pfizer 60
4.5.6 Sotagliflozin – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals 61
4.6 Conclusion 62
5 Multi Scenario Market Forecast to 2022 63
5.1 Overall Market Size 63
5.2 Generic Penetration 64
5.3 Revenue Forecast by Molecular Target 65
5.3.1 Insulin Receptor 65
5.3.2 GLP1R 66
5.3.3 DPP4 67
5.3.4 SGLT2 68
5.3.5 AMPK 69
5.3.6 ABCC8 70
5.4 Conclusion 71
Make an Enquiry of this report @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=E&repid=799451
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
For More Information Kindly Contact:
Mr. Nachiket Ghumare,
USA-Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
Follow us on LinkedIn @ http://bit.ly/1TBmnVG