Researchmoz added Most up-to-date research on “Global Cord Blood Banking Industry | Research Report | ResearchMoz” to its huge collection of research reports.
The global cord blood banking industry has matured substantially over the past few years, creating both serious threats and novel opportunities. Serious threats to the industry include:
- New accreditation requirements that have increased the cost structure of cord blood banks
- A decline in cord blood transplants in 2013, within the U.S. and other geographical regions
- Low rates of turnover for stored cord blood units
- Expensive cord blood transplantation procedures, costing from $200-300K each
- Difficulty with educating obstetricians about cellular therapies
- Poor press coverage in many regions worldwide, including major news outlets