Global cell line development market size is expected to reach USD 6.24 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The Increasing demand for monoclonal antibodies and patent expiration of blockbuster biologics are expected to drive the cell line development industry over the forecast period.
Increasing prevalence of autoimmune diseases and cancer are likely to increase the demand for accurate and cost effective treatment options which is expected to render a positive impact on market growth. In addition, improving healthcare infrastructure, economic development and favorable government initiatives promoting the growth of the biotechnology industry are factors contributing towards the growth of the cell line development market.
Ongoing R&D for stable & authentic cell lines and the introduction of technologically advanced processes such as single use bioreactor and micro bioreactor for large scale bioproduction are further expected to provide this market with lucrative future growth opportunities.
Browse full research report on global cell line development market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cell-line-development-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Reagent and media was the largest product market in 2014, owing to increasing number of cell culture procedures. Reagent and media are necessary components involved in cell line development procedures & cell culture and are cost intensive in nature. The market for reagent and media was valued at over 1.0 billion in 2014.
- Mammalian cell lines were widely used as a source for cell line development in 2014, owing to associated advantages such as accurate complex protein expression nature, critical for the production of monoclonal antibodies, vaccines, and biologics.
- Cell line development finds the largest application in the bioproduction of biologics, vaccines, Mabs, therapeutic proteins and biosimilars. Rising demand for monoclonal antibodies and vaccines are expected to boost the growth of this segment over the forecast period. The market for cell line development based bioproduction is also expected to witness lucrative growth of over 12.5% during the forecast period.
- North America was the largest market in 2014, with revenue estimated at over 800 million. The region’s market dominance is attributed to factors such as the growing adoption rates of cell culture techniques, presence of well developed healthcare infrastructure, supportive government initiatives and high healthcare expenditure levels.
- Asia Pacific cell line development market is anticipated to register rapid growth over the forecast period owing to factors such as the presence of high unmet needs, rising number of CROs (Contract Research Organization) providing pertinent services, growing R&D investments aimed at the development of stable cell lines and increasing biologics production.
- Key players in this market include European Collection of cell Cultures (ECACC), Lonza Group AG, GE Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Sartorious AG, Selexis SA, Wuxi AppTec Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) and Corning Inc.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global cell line development market on the basis of product, source, type of cell line, application and region:
Global Cell Line Development Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Reagents and media
- Equipment Accessories and consumables
- Storage equipment
Global Cell Line Development Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Non mammalian
Global Cell Line Development Type Of Cell Line Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Recombinant cell lines
- Continuous cell line
- Primary cell lines
Global Cell Line Development Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Drug discovery
- Toxicity testing
- Tissue engineering
Cell Line Development Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-cell-line-development-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs –grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com