Psychosis are a group of disorders with serious distortion of thought, behavior, recognition of reality and perception. The patient may have delusions and hallucinations and may have misperception and wrong evaluation of situation, facts or other people.
The most critical market driving factor for anti-psychotic drugs is the rising cases of psychosis and mental disorders. Following are some estimates about psychosis according to the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Depression affects an estimated 300 million people in the world.
- Bipolar affective disorder takes a toll on about 60 million people worldwide.
- Schizophrenia, a severe mental disorder, affects about 21 million people worldwide.
- Dementia has a prevalence in about 47.5 million people worldwide
- One fourth of people are affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives.
- The current number of untapped patients are of an order of around 450 million currently suffering from such conditions.
The treatment scenario is no different and the least it is said the better. According to WHO, the gap between the unmet needs in low- and middle-income countries is between 76% and 85% of people with mental disorders. Even in high-income countries the unmet medical needs gap is of an order of 35% and 50% of people with mental disorders. Thus there exists a huge market with unmet medical needs which needs to be tapped. Other very important market driving factor is increasing focus of governments and health care organizations on mental health. For example, WHO’s initiated its Mental Health Gap Action Programme in 2008, to expand the coverage of mental health treatment and service across the world.
Make an Enquiry @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/2784
However there are huge formidable barriers which remain a challenge to expand the market and the anti-psychotic drugs market has shown growth par below their potential market due to a host of factors. The critical market restraint is the poor efficiency and efficacy of anti-psychotic drugs. The side effects of these drugs is another depressing story to tell, which ranges from insomnia, drowsiness, vomiting to the high addiction rate. Social stigma also constraints the market with an estimated two-thirds of patients never seeking help. The poor drug development pipeline is a future market threat. The drug pipeline for anti-psychotics is devoid of any novel acting drug candidate. Strict regulatory framework is another deterrent for companies developing anti-psychotics.
The global market for antipsychotic drugs is expected to reach around USD 18.5 billion by the end of the forecast period and is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~4.3%.
Key Players for Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market:
Some of the key players in this market are: Eli Lilly & Co., Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Pfizer inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Johnson & Johnson and others.
Study Objectives Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market:
- To provide detail analysis of the market structure along with forecast for the next 6 years of the various segments and sub-segments of the global antipsychotic drugs market
- To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth
- To analyze the market based on various factors- price analysis, supply chain analysis, porters five force analysis etc.
- To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies and their countries- Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
- To provide country level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective
- To provide country level analysis of the market for segments by therapeutic application and by generations and other sub segments.
- To provide overview of key players and their strategic profiling in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments globally.
- Anti-psychotic Drugs Manufacturers
- Anti-psychotic Drugs Suppliers
- Private Research Laboratories
- Research and Development (R&D) Companies
- Market Research and Consulting Service Providers
- Government Research Laboratories
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
Global antipsychotic drugs market has been segmented on the basis of therapeutic applications, which comprises schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, dementia and others. On the basis of generations; market is segmented into first, second and third.
Access Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/antipsychotic-drugs-market-2784
Regional Analysis of Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market:
Globally America is the largest market for antipsychotic Drugs. The American market for antipsychotic drugs represents about 47 % of world market in 2016. Rapid uptake of new drug molecules and excellent reimbursements scenario in the U.S. are the two most important factors for the dominance of America. Europe is the second-largest market for antipsychotic drugs. Asia pacific region is expected to be fastest growing region in antipsychotic drugs market.
The report for Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market of Market Research Future comprises extensive primary research along with the detail analysis of qualitative as well as quantitative aspects by various industry experts, key opinion leaders to gain the deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The report gives the clear picture of current market scenario which includes historical and projected market size in terms of value and volume, technological advancement, macro economical and governing factors in the market. The report provides detail information and strategies of the top key players in the industry. The report also gives a broad study of the different markets segments and regions.
We are thankful for the support and assistance Antipsychotic Drugs Market Research Report- Global Forecast to 2022 to 2022 chain related technical experts and marketing experts during Research Team survey and interviews.
Market Research Future
Office No. 528, Amanora Chambers
Magarpatta Road, Hadapsar,
Pune – 411028
+1 646 845 9312