Increase in Bundle Payments was the top trend in the healthcare services market as of 2016. Bundle payments as the model for financial transactions relating to healthcare are seeing a rapid increase. Bundle payments group all payments a patient makes during a phase of a health condition. They include conditions that require pre- and post-hospital care under a single fee. Bundle payments can help ensure better coordination between physicians, nurses, specialists and acute care providers and will increase the service quality delivered to customers. For example, Arkansas’ Medicaid program has mandatory bundle payment programs in place for ten different conditions, with additional procedures coming into this program each year.
Healthcare services deal with medical and remedial care service. Healthcare services also include furnishing medicine, medical or surgical treatment, nursing, hospital service, dental service, optometrical service and other complementary health services.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for healthcare services? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The healthcare services global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider healthcare market, and compares it with other markets.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints looks at the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets that are hospitals and outpatient care centers, physicians and other healthcare practitioners, home healthcare and residential nursing care services, medical and diagnostic laboratories, dental services, substance abuse and residential mental health and veterinary services.
• The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It draws comparisons with country populations and economies to understand the importance of the market by country and how this is changing.
• Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
• The healthcare services market section of the report gives context. It compares the healthcare services market with other segments of the healthcare services market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses Expenditure Per Capita, Expenditure Per Household, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Hospitals, Hospital Beds across selected countries.
Markets covered: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
Markets compared: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Equipment.
Companies mentioned: DaVita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Laboratory Corporation of America, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Cleveland Clinic, Brookdale Senior Living, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Sonic Healthcare Limited, Encompass home health and others.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Table of Contents
1. Healthcare Services Market Characteristics 11
2. Americas Healthcare Services Market 12
2.1.1 Americas Healthcare Services Market Overview 12
2.1.2 Americas Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 14
2.1.3 Americas Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 15
2.1.4 Americas Market Size By Segment 15
Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers 15
Physicians And Other Health Practitioners 15
Home Health Care And Residential Nursing Care Services 15
Medical And Diagnostic Laboratories 16
Dental Services 16
Substance Abuse And Residential Mental Health Facilities 16
Veterinary Services 16
2.2 Americas Healthcare Services Market: Country Analysis 18
2.3 Brazil Healthcare Services Market 18
2.3.1 Brazil Healthcare Services Market Overview 18
2.3.2 Brazil Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 19
2.3.3 Brazil Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 20
2.3.4 Brazil Market Size By Segment 21
Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers 21
Physicians And Other Health Practitioners 21
Medical And Diagnostic Laboratories 21
Dental Services 21
Substance Abuse And Residential Mental Health Facilities 21
Home Health Care And Residential Nursing Care Services 21
Veterinary Services 21
2.3.5 Brazil Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population,2011-2019,USD ($) 22
2.3.6 Brazil Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 24
2.4 USA Healthcare Services Market 26
2.4.1 USA Healthcare Services Market Overview 26
2.4.2 USA Healthcare Services Historic Market, 2011 – 2015 27
2.4.3 USA Healthcare Services Forecast Market, 2015 – 2019 28
2.4.4 USA Market Size By Segment 29
Hospitals And Outpatient Care Centers 29
Physicians And Other Health Practitioners 29
Home Health Care And Residential Nursing Care Services 29
Medical And Diagnostic Laboratories 29
Dental Services 29
Substance Abuse And Residential Mental Health Facilities 29
Veterinary Services 29
2.4.5 USA Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospitals Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 30
2.4.6 USA Healthcare Services Per Capita Expenditure Versus Number Of Hospital Beds Per Million Population, 2011-2019, USD ($) 32
3. Healthcare Services Market Global Context 34
3.1 Historic Market Growth 34
3.1.1 Drivers of the Market 35
3.1.2 Restraints on the Market 35
3.2 Forecast Market Growth 36
3.2.1 Drivers of the Market 36
3.2.2 Restraints on the Market 37
4. Porters Five Force Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 38
4.1 Bargaining Power Of Buyers 38
4.2 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers 38
4.3 Threat Of New Entrants 38
4.4 Threat Of Substitutes 38
4.5 Industry Competition 38
5. PESTLE Analysis of the Healthcare Services Market 39
5.1 Political 39
5.2 Economic 39
5.3 Social 39
5.4 Technological 39
5.5 Legal 40
5.6 Environmental 40
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)