The global rat model market is expected to reach USD 845.0 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. As of 2016, outbred type of rat model is commonly utilized for research and educational activities within the healthcare domain. However, advancement in production technologies is expected to boost growth of knockout and conditioned rats.
The production technologies for aforementioned type of model are recent in nature and can be traced back to 2008, post the development of mobile DNA technology. The first knockout model was introduced in 2009 using Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN) method, which led to an advancement in the field of rat models. Other tools for genetic editing are Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR), homologous recombination, and N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea (ENU) mutagenesis.
Furthermore, supportive infrastructure and technology coupled with growing incidence of chronic conditions & genetic mutation amongst human species are expected to extend higher applicability for research purposes, thereby boosting growth.
Browse full research report on global rat model market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rat-model-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Outbred is expected to dominate the type segment for rat model market. Presence of numerous outbred type and higher applicability of these to mimic human diseases is anticipated to support growth over the forecast period.
- Microinjection is anticipated to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to faster development of the models and reduction in breeding time. Similarly, development of newer technology within the other segment is expected to propel growth.
- Based on services, the rat model market is predicted to witness higher revenue contribution by breeding process. Cryopreservation is anticipated to witness fastest growth over the forecast period.
- Rising production of conditioned rats for behavioral studies and growing R&D within neurological application is expected to support lucrative growth of rat model. Other application expected to support growth include cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, obesity, and renal disorders.
- The key market players of the industry include Covance Inc.; Envigo; Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.; Horizon Discovery Group plc.; TransViragen, Inc.; Javier Labs; and others. Mergers & acquisitions are expected to strengthen company capabilities. For instance, Horizon Discovery Group plc. accomplished the aforementioned goal by acquiring SAGE Labs, Inc. in 2014.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the global rat model market on the basis of type, technology, service, application, end-use, and region:
Global Rat Model Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- In bred
Global Rat Model Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Nuclear transferase
- Embryonic stem cell
Global Rat Model Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Genetic testing
Global Rat Model Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Global Rat Model End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Academic and research institutes
- Healthcare companies
Rat Model Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Access press release of this report – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-rat-model-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blog/rat-model-market-size-share
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519