The global phototherapy equipment market is expected to reach a value of USD 788.7 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising prevalence of skin diseases has led to huge growth of phototherapy equipment market. According to healthline data, nearly 150,000 new psoriasis cases develop each year among the U.S. population. With such huge population developing psoriasis, there is a growing need for phototherapy devices in the near future. Eczema, one of the severe skin diseases also has contributed towards the growth of the market.
Neonatal jaundice is another disease that require phototherapy treatment. This kind of treatment is very common among newborns suffering from jaundice in order to reduce high bilirubin levels. According to National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), around 60% to 80% of healthy newborns are likely to develop neonatal jaundice. Hence, demand for phototherapy equipment is expected to rise with growing prevalence of neonatal jaundice.
Furthermore, technological advancements are continuously rising pertaining to this market. LED-based devices are being highly adopted, which has further accelerated the growth of the market. The LED lights are cheaper as compared to conventional phototherapy equipment and has a long-lasting effect. These lights also have been proved to be very effective for treating neonatal jaundice. Hence, improvement in technology has impacted the growth of the market.
Browse full research report on global phototherapy equipment market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/phototherapy-equipment-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In 2016, amongst the product segment, conventional phototherapy equipment held the largest market share due to its wide usage for skin disease treatment
- LED equipment are expected to show attractive growth over the forecast period due to its cost-effectiveness and long-lasting effect
- Amongst the application segment, skin disease treatment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2016 owing to rising prevalence of psoriasis and eczema
- Neonatal jaundice management is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to increasing incidence of newborn jaundice
- North America dominated the market in 2016 owing to penetration of advanced technology in the field of phototherapy treatment in this region
- Some of the key players are GE Healthcare; Philips Lighting Holding B.V.; Nice Neotech Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd.; Natus Medical Incorporated; Phoenix Medical Systems Pvt. Ltd.; and Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. KG.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the phototherapy equipment/Instrument market on the basis of product, application, end-use and region:
Phototherapy Equipment Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Conventional Phototherapy Equipment
- Conventional Phototherapy Equipment with Fluorescent Lamp
- Conventional Phototherapy Equipment with Compact Fluorescent Lamp
- LED Phototherapy Equipment
- Fiberoptic Phototherapy Equipment
Phototherapy Equipment Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Skin Disease Treatment
- Neonatal Jaundice Management
Phototherapy Equipment End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Hospitals & Clinics
Phototherapy Equipment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-phototherapy-equipment-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com