Influenza, often referred to as the flu, is an acute infection caused by one of the three closely related viruses, designated as influenza Type A, B, and C. The infection’s rapid onset and potential for high morbidity and mortality, particularly in high-risk patient populations such as the elderly and young children, make prompt and effective treatment with antiviral medication very difficult. For these reasons, prophylactic vaccination is the preferred intervention for seasonal influenza.
Today, available vaccines include the older egg-based, adjuvanted and non- adjuvanted inactivated vaccines, along with live-attenuated vaccines and newer, cell culture-based seasonal influenza vaccines. Within these four vaccine classes, continuous improvements in the formulation of vaccines has occurred over the years, with the market currently transitioning from trivalent to quadrivalent formulations, which offer protection against an additional B strain of the virus. The anticipated launch of quadrivalent, cell culture-based VLP vaccines will have the potential to revolutionize the approaches used to protect against seasonal influenza infections. GlobalData expects the global seasonal influenza vaccines market – which, for the purposes of this report, comprises the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM; US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) – to grow moderately during the next decade at a CAGR of 3.3%, reaching total sales of $4.3 billion by 2025.
Request a sample of this report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/188399 .
Key Questions Answered
– Based on interviews with key opinion leaders (KOLs), GlobalData has identified key unmet needs in the seasonal influenza vaccine marketplace.
– What will be the effect of recent and upcoming changes in national immunization schedules?
– How will the upcoming first-in-class Virus-Like Particle (VLP) vaccine be received in the different markets?
– What research and development (R&D) strategies will companies leverage to compete in the future seasonal influenza vaccine marketplace?
– Which patient population(s) are most likely to be targeted by seasonal influenza vaccines?
– GlobalData has calculated that the global seasonal influenza vaccine market generated about $3.1 billion in sales in 2015. This global market is expected to grow modestly at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.3%, reaching sales of $4.3 billion by 2025. The majority of this growth will occur in the 5EU, driven by the uptake of egg-based, quadrivalent vaccines. Further growth is anticipated due to the launch of cell-culture. quadrivalent vaccines in the 7MM. The seasonal influenza vaccines market in the 5EU is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5%, reaching sales of $1 billion by 2025. GlobalData estimates sales in the US to grow moderately at a CAGR of 3.5% during the next 10 years, reaching $2.6 billion by 2025, while Japan will experience marginal growth, with a CAGR of 0.3%.
– KOLs interviewed by GlobalData repeatedly identified the effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccines as the number one unmet need. They argued that the influenza virus rapid antigenic drift coupled to a time-consuming egg-based vaccine manufacturing approach are barriers to increasing vaccine efficacy and duration.
– GlobalData anticipates that opportunities will center on the improvement of vaccine long-term efficacy whilst addressing the cost effectiveness concerns voiced by various governmental institutions.
– Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, as well current routine seasonal influenza vaccine recommendations of all 7MM covered.
– Top-line seasonal influenza vaccine market revenue from 2015-2025. Recent acquisitions, approvals and governmental recommendations are included in the forecast model.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the seasonal influenza vaccine market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and analysis of late-stage pipeline products. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global seasonal influenza vaccine marketplace. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global seasonal influenza vaccine market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the seasonal influenza vaccine market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/188399 .
CSL Limited (Seqirus)
Protein Sciences Corporation
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
For any enquires before buying, connect with us @ email@example.com
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org