The global orthopedic braces and supports market is expected to reach a value of USD 5.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. There is a growing demand for orthopedic support systems in order to improve the structural and functional features of skeletal and neuromuscular systems. These kinds of support systems restrict mobility to a particular direction, thereby, assisting the overall movement of a patient.
Osteoporosis is one of the leading causes of musculoskeletal disorders amongst the aging population. This generates the need for orthopedic support systems. Geriatric population plays a vital role in accelerating the demand for the products in the market. This population base exhibits highest incidence of musculoskeletal disorders. Aging leads to significant changes in the skeletal and neuromuscular systems, resulting in weak ligament, arthritis, and Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) tear. Currently, the geriatric population is growing at an unprecedented rate. As a result, the demand for orthopedic braces and supports is expected to grow in the near future.
Rising incidence of sport-related injuries has also become a leading cause for osteoarthritis among athletes. Health conscious people are continuously engaged in fitness-related activities. This might lead to muscle pain, which results in increased demand for braces & supports. Sometimes, athletic activities can also result in knee joint disorder, which facilitates rise in demand for knee braces.
Browse full research report on global orthopedic braces & supports market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/orthopedic-braces-support-systems-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Knee braces and supports held the largest market share in 2015 as knees are extremely vulnerability to injury at the time of sports-related activities
- Amongst the end-use segment, orthopedic clinic was the largest revenue contributor in 2015 due to increasing preference for orthopedic consultations for quick check up
- The Over-the-counter (OTC) segment is anticipated to grow at a lucrative CAGR over the forecast period owing to the fact that the braces and support systems are readily available in the retail stores without a doctor’s prescription
- North America dominated the market in 2015 owing to rising healthcare spending and high purchasing power associated with this region
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness attractive growth over the forecast period due to rising geriatric population in China
- Some of the key companies are Bauerfeind AG; DJO Global, Inc.; Össur Corporate; Breg, Inc.; DeRoyal Industries, Inc.; Otto Bock Healthcare GmbH; and BSN Medical GmbH.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the orthopedic braces & supports market on the basis of product, end use, and region:
Orthopedic Braces & Supports Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Knee Braces & Supports
- Knee Braces for Osteoarthritis and Ligament Injuries
- Post-operational Knee Braces
- Foot and Ankle Braces & Supports
- Soft Braces
- Hinged Braces
- Spinal Orthoses
- Upper Extremity Braces & Supports
- Shoulder Supports
- Wrist & Hand Supports
Orthopedic Braces & Supports End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Over the Counter (OTC)
Orthopedic Braces & Supports Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-orthopedic-braces-support-systems-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com