Schizophrenia is a severe mental disorder that is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real; its symptoms are broadly divided into positive, negative and cognitive. The treatment of schizophrenia is multi-factorial and includes medical, psychological and psychosocial inputs. Antipsychotic medication is the main pharmacological agent used, along with counselling, job training, and social rehabilitation. Both typical and atypical antipsychotics are used, and the choice of medication is usually left to the discretion of the treating physician. Clozapine, which is an atypical antipsychotic that binds to serotonin and dopamine receptors, is often given to patients who do not improve with other antipsychotics.
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=716912
Current treatments, although effective for positive symptoms, have not proven as effective for negative symptoms and cognitive dysfunction, nor are there are any disease-modifying drugs currently available. The pipeline for schizophrenia is small, particularly given the large patient population, it also has low levels of innovation in comparison to other psychiatric indications in the pharmaceutical industry. However, the overall level of innovation in the pipeline for schizophrenia-related indications (which includes depression, panic disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and cognitive deficit) is far higher, with these related products having the potential to provide some benefit to patients with schizophrenia.
The current clinical landscape of schizophrenia
– What is the pathophysiology of schizophrenia?
– How is schizophrenia diagnosed?
– What are the current treatment options?
The schizophrenia pipeline is small, although there is a much larger pipeline for its related indications.
– What are the common targets and mechanisms of action of pipeline therapies?
– Will the pipeline address unmet needs such as a lack of diverse treatment options for schizophrenia patients, particularly those with negative or cognitive symptoms?
– What is the composition of the pipeline for schizophrenia-related indications, and will they be of benefit to schizophrenia patients?
First-in-class products and targets currently within the schizophrenia pipeline
– What are the most promising first-in-class targets for schizophrenia?
Detailed outlook on first-in-class targets and whether they have other therapeutic potential across the industry
Licensing deals are the most common form of strategic alliance in schizophrenia
– How do deal frequency and value compare between target families and molecule types?
– How do licensing and co-development deals compare between first-in-class and non-first-in-class profiles?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis, including a clinical comparison of marketed therapies
– Visualize the composition of the schizophrenia market in terms of dominant therapies for each patient subset along with their clinical and commercial standing. Unmet needs in the current market are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
– Analyze the schizophrenia pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. There are promising signs in the pipeline that the industry is seeking novel approaches to treating schizophrenia.
– Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary matrix, first-in-class products have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Promising early-stage targets have been further reviewed in greater detail.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the schizophrenia deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals and producing a list of schizophrenia therapies that are not yet involved in deals, and may be potential investment opportunities.
Make an Enquiry of this report @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=E&repid=716912
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
For More Information Kindly Contact:
Mr. Nachiket Ghumare,
USA-Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
Follow us on LinkedIn @ http://bit.ly/1TBmnVG