Neurodegenerative disorders are a cluster of conditions that affect the central nervous system. They include both hereditary and sporadic conditions that are characterized by slow, irreversible, progressive dysfunction of the nervous system with the increasing degeneration of neurons, which causes symptoms such as motor impairment, memory loss and declining cognitive ability. Neurodegenerative disorders cannot currently be cured, and treatment is aimed at managing the disease indication in order to reduce the severity of symptoms and slow progression.
There are over 1,400 products in active development in the neurodegenerative disorders therapy area. The current market landscape consists of a number of biologics and small molecules, while the pipeline also consists of gene therapies and cell therapies, demonstrating broader pharmaceutical research and development.
Small molecule drugs dominate the pipeline, with approximately 64% of total pipeline molecules. In comparison, the number of biologics in the pipeline is much lower, representing approximately 26% of the pipeline. Overall the neurodegenerative disorders pipeline is large, with a substantial proportion of products being early-stage assets at the Preclinical development stage.
The report provides comprehensive information on the pipeline development landscape for is Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Multiple sclerosis, from Discovery through to the Pre-registration stage. This includes an analysis of products by stage of development, molecular target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. Finally, the report provides an overview of key players involved in the development of products in this area, and outlines recent updates and press releases in the field.
– Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for neurodegenerative disorders?
– Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
– To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
– What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in this disease area?
Reasons to buy
– Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
– Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
– Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
– Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
Table of Content: Key Points
Executive Summary 3
Table of Contents 4
List of Tables 6
List of Figures 25
Neurodegenerative Disorders Report Coverage 27
Alzheimer’s Disease Overview 27
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Overview 27
Huntington Disease Overview 27
Multiple Sclerosis Overview 27
Parkinson’s Disease Overview 27
Therapeutics Development 28
Alzheimer’s Disease 28
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 30
Huntington Disease 32
Multiple Sclerosis 34
Parkinson’s Disease 36
Therapeutics under Development by Companies 38
Alzheimer’s Disease 38
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 50
Huntington Disease 55
Multiple Sclerosis 58
Parkinson’s Disease 68
Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes 75
Alzheimer’s Disease 75
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: