The global medical waste management market is expected to reach USD 33.4 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The development of innovative manufacturing techniques in pharmaceuticals, medical devices is growing with rapid pace. The rise in hospitals, multispecialty clinics and diagnostic centers that require large number of inventories for day to day functioning is also leading to generation of more waste. Thus, overall growth in healthcare industry coupled with rising patient population requiring prolong medical and surgical aid is fueling the market growth.
Rapid growth in initiatives by government to support and raise funds in effective waste management is anticipated to drive the market growth. These programs are conducted for creating awareness regarding the importance of systems for proper waste disposal. Additionally, taking steps to set standards and guidelines for the same is anticipated to propel the market growth.
The medical waste management involves high capital investment for managing hazardous by-products and disposal of infectious material. This disposal and recycling processes are associated with release of hazardous gases and compounds which may disturb the ecosystem and are likely to affect the industry growth.
Browse full research report on global medical waste management market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-waste-management-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The growing prevalence of infectious and chronic diseases coupled with overall growth of healthcare industry is augmenting the market growth
- Most of the waste disposal treatments are performed offsite, however, to save cost and holding time, onsite treatment sites are expected to grow over the forecast period
- The incineration segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2016 however, other sophisticated non-incineration processes that are ecofriendly are projected to replace traditional incinerators
- In 2016, North America dominated the global space with the largest revenue share of over 32.0% owing to growing healthcare industry and development of innovative techniques for disposal of material
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest growing region during the forecast period, mainly due to growing social awareness regarding effective disposal and recycling.
- Major players competing in the industry include but are not limited to Remondis Medison GmbH; Republic Services, Inc.; Sharp Compliance, Inc.; Stericycle, Inc.; Suez Environment, Inc.; Veolia Environment S.A.; Waste Management, Inc.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the medical waste management market by services, treatment and region:
Medical Waste Management Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Collecting, transportation, storage
Medical Waste Management Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- Chemical treatment
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-medical-waste-management-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com