Mammography is a technique used for obtaining high resolution images of breast tissues. It helps in the detection of breast cancer and other breast-related disorders at the initial stages. The technique is an important aspect of breast cancer diagnosis, as breast cancer is one of the leading causes of death among women.
The global mammography systems market generated $1,534 million in 2015, and is projected to reach $2,648 million by 2022, registering a CAGR of 8.0% during the study period. In terms of volume, the global mammography systems market was 6,316 units in 2015 and is anticipated to reach 12,688 units by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.5%. This market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to increase in incidence of breast cancer, rise in geriatric population, and proactive initiatives by healthcare organizations to raise awareness about early detection of breast cancer. In addition, better reimbursement insurance policies, increased government funding for breast cancer research, and technological advancements, such as the breast tomosynthesis, which helps in easy detection of breast cancer in women with dense breast tissues fuel the demand for mammography systems. However, radiation exposure risks and generation of false positive or negative hamper the market growth.
The mammography systems market is segmented based on product type, technology, and region. Based on product type, the market is divided into analog mammography systems, digital mammography systems, and breast tomosynthesis systems. Digital mammography is sub-segmented into computed radiography and digital radiography. On the basis of technology, mammography market is segmented into 2D mammography, 3D mammography, and combined 2D and 3D mammography. The market is analyzed across four geographical regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
For More Info, Get Sample : https://goo.gl/UcsgXy
Prominent players adopted product development, including product launches and approvals, as their key developmental strategy for expanding their product portfolio. For instance, in April 2016, PLANMED OY received CE approval for the commercial distribution of its product, Planmed Clarity 3D digital breast tomosynthesis system and the Planmed Clarity 2D full field digital mammography system in Europe.
Moreover, reimbursement for mammography systems, such as digital mammography systems, have fueled the demand for breast imaging in the recent years. For instance, Medicare provides Part B coverage of screening mammography for women.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global mammography systems market.
- Comprehensive analysis of geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in the global market.
- This study provides the competitive landscape of the global market to predict the competitive environment across geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided in the report.
- Region- and country-wise mammography systems market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report to understand the regional trends and dynamics.
- Mammography Systems Market key Segments
- Analog Mammography Systems
- Digital Mammography Systems
- Computed Radiography Systems
- Digital Radiography Systems
- Breast Tomosynthesis Systems
- 2D Mammography
- 3D Mammography
- Combined 2D and 3D Mammography
- Inpatient Settings
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Enquire About Report : https://goo.gl/10kfyh
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Also Request For Discount : https://goo.gl/CD2dAA
The key players profiled in this report are as follows:
- Analogic Corporation
- Carestream Health
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Hologic, Inc.
- Konica Minolta, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- PLANMED OY
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
- Other players operating in the mammography systems market include:
- Aurora Imaging Technology, Inc.
- Carestream Health
- Delphinus Medical Technologies, Inc.
- Micrima Limited
- Tualatin Imaging, P.C.