Scope of the report:
– The Humman Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends for HIV in the nine major markets (9MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, and China). For the 8MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Brazil, and China) it also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the total prevalent cases of HIV (both sexes and all ages), and diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV segmented by sex and age from 2015-2025. The diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV are further segmented into those receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART), those with hepatitis B virus (HBV) co-infection, and those with hepatitis C virus (HCV) co-infection. For Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists provide a 10-year forecast for the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV segmented by sex and age from 2015-2025. The 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV are further segmented into those receiving ART, those with HBV co-infection, and those with HCV co-infection.
– The HIV epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 9MM.
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a lentivirus that impairs and destructs the CD4 cells of the immune system. This weakens the immune system, leaving an infected individual more susceptible to other illnesses and, over time, impairing the individual’s ability to fight off infections.
GlobalData epidemiologists utilized national and international HIV and AIDS databases, surveillance data, and robust peer-reviews journal articles to build the forecast of total prevalent and diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM. HIV is defined as an infection with HIV, regardless of the stage of disease. This corresponds to the International Classification of Diseases 10th edition (ICD-10) code B20. Diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV were segmented by age and sex using country-specific data, whenever available; when data were not available, appropriate proxies were used. For Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists provided an alternative forecast for the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV, which better aligns with the ART market sales data after consolidation. GlobalData epidemiologists also provide an alternative forecast for Japan in the EpiCast model based on the reported prevalent HIV cases. Request a copy of the report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/188460 .
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM will increase from 3,632,410 in 2015 to 4,266,548 in 2025 at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.75%. The US will have the highest number of total prevalent cases of HIV in both 2015 and 2025 at 1,315,263 and 1,514,925, respectively. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV in the 8MM will increase from 2,926,335 in 2015 to 3,616,811 in 2025 at an AGR of 2.36%. In Japan, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast the 20-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HIV to increase from 20,438 in 2015 to 25,417 in 2025 at an AGR of 2.44%.
Reasons to buy
The HIV EpiCast report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global HIV market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for HIV therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Understand co-infection population and ART treated population for HIV patients.
Purchase a copy of the report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/188460 .
Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 8
2 Epidemiology 9
2.1 Disease Background 9
2.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 10
2.3 Global Trends 12
2.3.1 US 13
2.3.2 5EU 13
2.3.3 Japan, Brazil, and China 15
2.4 Forecast Methodology 16
2.4.1 Sources Used Tables 17
2.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 23
2.4.3 Sources Not Used 43
2.5 Epidemiological Forecast for HIV in the 8MM (2015-2025) 44
2.5.1 Total Prevalent Cases of HIV 44
2.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 46
2.5.3 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 47
2.5.4 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 49
2.5.5 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 51
2.5.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV Treated with Antiretroviral Therapy 52
2.5.7 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV with Hepatitis B Virus Co-infection 54
2.5.8 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV with Hepatitis C Virus Co-infection 55
2.6 Epidemiological Forecast for HIV in Japan (2015-2025) 57
2.6.1 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 57
2.6.2 Age-Specific 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 57
2.6.3 Sex-Specific 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 58
2.6.4 Age-Standardized 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 58
2.6.5 Diagnosed 20-Year Prevalent Cases of HIV Treated with Antiretroviral Therapy 59
2.6.6 Diagnosed 20-Year Prevalent Cases of HIV with Hepatitis B Virus Co-infection 60
2.6.7 Diagnosed 20-Year Prevalent Cases of HIV with Hepatitis C Virus Co-infection 61
2.7 Discussion 61
2.7.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 61
2.7.2 Limitations of the Analysis 62
2.7.3 Strengths of the Analysis 64
3 Appendix 65
3.1 Bibliography 65
3.2 Physicians and Specialists Included in this Study 74
3.2.1 Primary Research – Prescriber Survey 74
3.3 About the Authors 75
3.3.1 Epidemiologists 75
3.3.2 Reviewers 75
3.3.3 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology 77
3.4 About GlobalData 77
3.5 About EpiCast 78
3.6 Disclaimer 78
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.