The global home healthcare market is expected to reach USD 517.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Home healthcare products are generally applied to a broad range of equipment and services designed for exclusive use for home or other non-medical establishments by non-professional caregivers, family members, or the patients themselves.
Increasing adoption of telehealth and other emerging technologies are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Home healthcare is rapidly getting adopted as a cost effective alternative to healthcare establishment based therapy and therefore, growing geriatric population base and prevalence of chronic conditions requiring long term care is also expected to have a positive impact on growth. Presence of untapped potential in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China and increasing health awareness are expected to serve home healthcare market as future growth opportunities.
Browse full research report on global home healthcare market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/home-healthcare-industry
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Home healthcare services dominated the component segment, accounting for over 85.0% of global revenue in 2015.
- Infusion therapy is expected to be the fastest growing services market. Increasing initiatives undertaken by medical service providers to curb costs associated with specialty drugs and by retail pharmacies to render efficient chronic disease management solutions are some of the drivers of this market.
- Home healthcare based diagnostics held lucrative share in the equipment segment accounting around 40.0% in 2015.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2015, accounting for over 40.0% of the revenue. Presence of sophisticated medical systems and reimbursement infrastructure, high patient awareness levels and healthcare expenditure are some of the factors accounting for its substantial share.
- Asia Pacific home healthcare market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of around 9.0% from 2016 to 2024 majorly owing to high unmet medical needs coupled with rapidly improving health infrastructure.
- Major players in this vertical include Almost Family Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Abbott Laboratories, Sunrise Medical Inc., 3M Health Care, Baxter, Medtronic, Cardinal Health Inc., Roche diagnostics corp., Air Liquide, Arcadia Health Care, Bayer AG, Amedisys, Inc., Nxstage Medical, Inc., and Arkray Inc.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the global home healthcare market on the basis of component and region:
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014-2025)
- Home Respiratory Equipment
- Insulin Delivery Device
- Home IV Pumps
- Home Dialysis Equipment
- Other Therapeutic Equipment
- Diabetic Care Unit
- BP Monitors
- Multi Parameter Diagnostic Monitors
- Home Pregnancy and Fertility Kits
- Other Self-Monitoring Equipment
- Apnea and Sleep Monitors
- Holter Monitors
- Heart Rate Maters
- Mobility Assist
- Wheel Chair
- Home Medical Furniture
- Walking Assist Devices
- Rehabilitation Services
- Unskilled Home Care
- Respiratory Therapy Services
- Infusion Therapy Services
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014-2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-home-healthcare-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com