Monitored Therapeutics, a company based in Dublin, Ohio, has received from the FDA a marketing clearance for its GoSpiro Home Spirometer. The device is designed for patients to use on their own to measure various lung functions. It provides FVC (Forced Vital Capacity) and SVC (Slow Vital Capacity) measures that the company claims are as accurate as in-hospital systems.
The device connects either to the company’s GoHome Patient Health Monitor or the user’s smartphone, tablet, or personal computer via Bluetooth wireless. The user is guided through the text taking process and the flow and volume are displayed on the screen in real time.
- Real-time flow and volume streaming data for on-screen visualization
- Full Flow-Volume loops with both inspiratory and expiratory data analysis
- Automated Slow Vital Capacity and subdivisions protocol
- Volume based measurement provides for long term calibration stability
- Meets ATS/ERS/ISO waveform testing requirements
- Built-in quality control with measured and calculated error indices
- Bluetooth® enabled wireless communication
- Interfaces to computers, tablets, and smartphones and other data collection hubs
- Meets stringent ISO and FDA Home-Use standards
Product page: GoSpiro…