Fibromyalgia and its Sub-types
The term fibromyalgia is derived from Latin word, fibro or fibrous tissues, Greek words myo and algos, meaning muscle and pain respectively; so the word literally means pain in muscle and fibrous tissue. Also known as central sensitization syndrome, fibromyalgiais a medical disorder in which there is chronic pain throughout the body and increased response of pain to pressure. The disease occurs due to abnormal processing of pain signals by central nervous system. Other symptoms may include feeling tired, restless leg syndrome, sleeping disorders, tingling and numbness,bowel/bladder diseases, sensitivity to light, noise and temperature etc.
Click here to Get free PDF Sample : http://www.marketresearchglobe.com/request-sample/243435
Sub types of fibromyalgia
- Extreme sensitivity to pain but does not have any psychiatric symptoms along with it. The disease may respond to 5HT3 blocker medicines.
- Fibromyalgia with associated pain-related depression”. This type may respond to antidepressant medicines.
- Depression with concomitant fibromyalgia syndrome. This type also usually responds to antidepressants.
- Fibromyalgia caused by somatization. This type usually respondsto psychotherapy.
The treatment of fibromyalgia includes medications like milnacipran, duloxetine, pregabalin. Management of the disease includes exercise, proper sleep and healthy diet. Cognitive behavioral therapy may also be helpful. Opoid pain medicines may be used but it’s controversial and is not clinically proved. Although the disease is a chronic, but it does not lead to massive tissue damage or death.
At University of Colorado Boulder, the researchers have found a “brain signature” that diagnoses fibromyalgia with almost 93 % accuracy. MRI scans were used by researchers to study the activity of brain in a group of 35 control patients and 37 patients with fibromyalgiawho were taken through a series of painful and non-painful sensations. The researchers through this process were able to identify 3 neurological patterns of the brain that have direct correlation with hypersensitivity of pain in fibromyalgia patients.
Complete Browse Report@ http://www.marketresearchglobe.com/report/fibromyalgia-pipeline-review-h1-2017
Global Markets Direct’s Pharmaceutical and Healthcare latest pipeline guide Fibromyalgia – Pipeline Review, H1 2017, provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development for Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System), complete with analysis by stage of development, drug target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. The guide covers the descriptive pharmacological action of the therapeutics, its complete research and development history and latest news and press releases.
The Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System) pipeline guide also reviews of key players involved in therapeutic development for Fibromyalgia and features dormant and discontinued projects. The guide covers therapeutics under Development by Companies /Universities /Institutes, the molecules developed by Companies in Phase III, Phase II, Phase I and Preclinical stages are 3, 6, 1 and 4 respectively. Similarly, the Universities portfolio in Preclinical stages comprises 1 molecules, respectively.
Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System) pipeline guide helps in identifying and tracking emerging players in the market and their portfolios, enhances decision making capabilities and helps to create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage. The guide is built using data and information sourced from Global Markets Direct’s proprietary databases, company/university websites, clinical trial registries, conferences, SEC filings, investor presentations and featured press releases from company/university sites and industry-specific third party sources. Additionally, various dynamic tracking processes ensure that the most recent developments are captured on a real time basis.
Note: Certain content / sections in the pipeline guide may be removed or altered based on the availability and relevance of data.
– The pipeline guide provides a snapshot of the global therapeutic landscape of Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System).
– The pipeline guide reviews pipeline therapeutics for Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System) by companies and universities/research institutes based on information derived from company and industry-specific sources.
– The pipeline guide covers pipeline products based on several stages of development ranging from pre-registration till discovery and undisclosed stages.
– The pipeline guide features descriptive drug profiles for the pipeline products which comprise, product description, descriptive licensing and collaboration details, R&D brief, MoA & other developmental activities.
– The pipeline guide reviews key companies involved in Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System) therapeutics and enlists all their major and minor projects.
– The pipeline guide evaluates Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System) therapeutics based on mechanism of action (MoA), drug target, route of administration (RoA) and molecule type.
– The pipeline guide encapsulates all the dormant and discontinued pipeline projects.
– The pipeline guide reviews latest news related to pipeline therapeutics for Fibromyalgia (Central Nervous System)
List of Figures
Number of Products under Development for Fibromyalgia, H1 2017
Number of Products under Development by Companies, H1 2017
Number of Products by Top 10 Targets, H1 2017
Number of Products by Stage and Top 10 Targets, H1 2017
Number of Products by Top 10 Mechanism of Actions, H1 2017
Number of Products by Stage and Top 10 Mechanism of Actions, H1 2017
Number of Products by Routes of Administration, H1 2017
Number of Products by Stage and Routes of Administration, H1 2017
Number of Products by Molecule Types, H1 2017
Number of Products by Stage and Molecule Types, H1 2017
Follow Us :
Twitter : https://twitter.com/marketrglobe