The global digital pathology market is expected to reach USD 979.0 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, which triggers demand for advanced diagnostics, is expected to provide growth opportunities to digital pathology market. Growing economic stability and awareness pertaining to associated benefits with the use of computer-aided diagnostics is further contributing toward the industry growth.
Technological advancements such as digital imaging, computerization, robotic light microscopy, and multiple fiberoptic communications are some of the key factors contributing toward the rising adoption of digital pathology. In addition, introduction of cloud-based technology enabling storage of digital slides coupled with secure access to pathologists is expected to serve this industry as a potential growth driver.
Digital pathology has important role in companion diagnostics and drug development pipeline, including molecular biology, biobanking, molecular tissue profiling, and tissue microarray analysis. Increasing demand for high-quality tissue samples in tissue-based biomarker research is propelling the adoption of this technology over the forecast period.
This market is expected to witness intense competition in near future owing to rising adoption of rigorous strategies by the market players to sustain competition. For instance; manufacturers of whole slide imaging systems are focused on obtaining premarket approval for diagnostic digital systems to capture more revenue share.
Browse full research report on global digital pathology market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/digital-pathology-systems-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Whole slide imaging held the dominant share as of 2016 owing to its increased use in academic research
- Rising implementation of whole slide image scanning in stratified medicine and tissue-based biomarker research is one of the key contributing factors for the dominance of this technology
- Telepathology segment is expected to witness lucrative growth in the near future owing to the benefits associated with its use
- Telepathology offers faster diagnosis and synchronizes patient data, where healthcare professionals can remotely access this information
- Rising demand for accurate & faster diagnosis fosters the demand for static image-based systems that further contributes to the static telepathology system growth
- Digital pathology has wide applications in academic research owing to various benefits such as cost-effectiveness and rapid results
- The availability of unified platforms for workflows in pathology is anticipated to boost the usage rate of computer-aided imaging technology in academic research, which is anticipated to boost the segment growth
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the digital pathology market on the basis of the technology, application, and region:
Digital Pathology Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Whole Slide Imaging
Digital Pathology Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Academic Research
- Disease Diagnosis
Digital Pathology Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-digital-pathology-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs –grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com