The antibacterial drug market covers the drugs used in the prophylaxis and treatment of bacterial infections. With a growing global concern over antimicrobial resistance and its progressive growth, there is a pronounced need for innovation within this market.
There are over 1400 products in active development in the antibacterial drug market, with the majority of products being small molecules. Vaccines are also well established within the market, and accounts for approximately 25% of the pipeline.
Request a sample of this report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/248270 .
Currently, drugs for the prevention of bacterial infections are typically vaccines which help to train the body’s immune system to fight off bacterial infections caused by specific bacterial strains. However, several prophylactic monoclonal antibodies are now in the pipeline and may impact the market in the near future.
Drugs for the treatment of bacterial infections are slightly more varied. Most common are beta-lactam antibiotics, such as penicillin, and protein synthesis inhibitors. However, bacterial resistance has reduced the efficacy of many of these drugs. As a result the pipeline includes a variety of new-generation protein synthesis inhibitors and beta-lactam/beta-lactamase inhibitor combination drugs, which are active against currently hard to treat bacterial strains.
The report provides comprehensive information on the pipeline development landscape for Pneumonia, Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Tuberculosis, from Discovery through to the Pre-Registration stage. This includes an analysis of products by stage of development, molecular target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type. A list of all products in development is provided, including dormant and discontinued projects. Finally, the report provides an overview of key players involved in the development of products in this area, and outlines recent updates and press releases in the field.
Browse the complete report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/antibacterial-therapies-drug-development-pipeline-review-2017 .
– Which companies are the most active within the pipeline for antibacterial drugs?
– Which pharmaceutical approaches are the most prominent at each stage of the pipeline and within each indication?
– To what extent do universities and institutions play a role within this pipeline, compared to pharmaceutical companies?
– What are the most important R&D milestones and data publications to have happened in this disease area?
Place a direct purchase order on this report http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/248270 .
Reasons to buy
– Understand the overall pipeline, with an at-a-glance overview of all products in therapeutic development for each indication
– Assess the products in development in granular detail, with an up-to-date overview of each individual pipeline program in each indication, and a comprehensive picture of recent updates and milestones for each
– Analyze the companies, institutions and universities currently operating in the pipeline, and the products being fielded by each of these
– Understand the composition of the pipeline in terms of molecule type, molecular target, mechanism of action and route of administration
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org