High and ever-prevailing incidence of trauma wounds, injuries, burns and chronic wounds such as diabetic foot ulcers creates a constant and steady demand for wound dressing. Furthermore, wound dressing is an integral part of post-surgery in order to minimize risk of hospital acquired infections (HAIs). Therefore, with increasing surgical procedures, demand for wound dressings is expected to increase consequently during the forecast period (2016-2024). With technological advancements, wound dressings made of various materials such as alginates, collagens, hydrocolloids, hydrofibers, and hydrogels have been commercialized in the wound dressings market. Depending on the condition or wound type, an appropriate wound dressing is selected. Market players such as 3M Company, Coloplast Corp., and Derma Sciences, Inc. are constantly focusing on extensive R&D activities in order to offer cost-effective wound dressing products to further enhance their market presence.
To have a snippet of the report, request Report Sample
Most conventional wound dressings take longer to heal wounds as compared to advanced wound dressing products such as anti-infective wound dressings that are widely used post-operation to prevent risk of any hospital acquired infections (HAIs). Due to their higher functional efficiency and effectiveness, advanced wound dressings are fast replacing conventional wound dressings. Increasing incidence of burns, trauma wounds and injuries, and diabetic ulcers are expected to drive growth of the global wound dressings market in the foreseeable future. Rural areas in emerging economies of Asia, Latin America and Africa regions provide a highly lucrative and largely untapped market for market players to capitalize upon. Practice of using cotton gauze and sterile cotton is still high in emerging economies such as India, Brazil, China, and Indonesia, owing to it being easily available and being relatively inexpensive. Therefore, costlier advanced wound dressings are facing the heat of lower demand in these economies. However, with high economic growth, increasing government focus towards improving the healthcare infrastructure, and growing efforts by major players to introduce low-cost advanced products is expected to pave way for strong growth of major players in the wound dressing market.
This report segments the global wound dressings market on the basis of product type, application, and geography. On the basis of product type, the global wound dressings market is categorized into traditional and advanced wound dressings. Advanced wound dressings are further analyzed for alginates, collagens, films, foams, hydrocolloids, hydrofibers, hydrogels, and wound contact layers. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into surgical wounds, burns, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and venous ulcers. For comprehensive understanding of market dynamics, the global cryotherapy market is analyzed across key geographical regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East. Each of these regions is analyzed on basis of market findings across major countries in these regions for a macro-level understanding of the market.
Ask for Customization @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/142
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the wound dressing products and provides market size (US$ Million) and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR (%)) for the forecast period: 2016 – 2024, considering 2015 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global wound dressings market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include 3M Company, Coloplast A/S, Derma Sciences, Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Medtronic, Mölnlycke Healthcare, Medline Industries, Inc., Organogenesis Inc., Alliqua BioMedical, Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, and MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision with respect to their future product launch, end user upgrades, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global wound dressings market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, manufacturers and distributors for wound dressings products, end users, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Various strategy matrices used in analyzing the wound dressings market would provide stakeholders vital inputs to make strategic decisions accordingly
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154