Digital pathology technology has witnessed widespread adoption, as it provides solutions to challenges faced in the field of pathology, which includes the use of glass slides. Slides are a key issue in the result productivity of pathologists. This technology mainly comprises of scanner, image analysis & storage, communication, and integration platforms. The systems consist of integrated scanners, which are connected to the workstation of consultants, hospital servers, and laboratory information systems (LIS). The services provided by the manufactures of scanners include high-resolution sample scanners and software to analyze slides and services for slide storage. The systems are available in desktop size, network infrastructure, server, processor, and computers along with 20-inch monitors. The cost of the systems varies from $30,000 to $1 million.
The world digital pathology market is projected to garner revenue worth $1,052 million by 2022. The growth of the market is attributed to factors such as efficient cost of digital pathology products, ease of transportation of slides virtually, high efficiency of digital pathology systems, and more efficient analysis of digital slides. In addition, increased adoption of digital pathology over conventional pathology treatments further drives this market. On the other hand, barriers such as lack of reimbursement and skilled personnel are some of the major factors likely to restrain the market growth. However, rising initiatives towards commercialization of cost-efficient digital pathology systems would offer profitable growth opportunities for the service providers in the future.
Whole slide imaging (WSI), image analysisinformatics, information management system storage & communication are major types of types of digital pathology market. Whole slide imaging is the highest revenue-generating segment as it is the most preferred method used to produce digital slides by scanning the whole glass slide. Educational institutes, hospitals and diagnostic centers; and pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies are frequent end users for digital pathology products. In terms of geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key companies profiled in the report are Visiopharm, Indica Labs, Digipath Inc., Koninklinje Philips N. V., Hamamatsu Photonics K. K., PerkinElmer, Inc., Danaher Corporation (Leica Microsystem), Nikon Corporation, Pixcelldata Ltd., Glencoe Software Inc., and Definiens AG.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the world digital pathology market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing opportunities.
- The digital pathology market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in accordance to key geographical regions.
- The key players are profiled in the report, and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- cBy Product
- Whole Slide Imaging
- Image Analysis-Informatics
- Information Management System Storage & Communication
By End User
- Educational Institutes
- Hospitals and diagnostic centers
- Pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies