The Global Telemedicine Market has been estimated to be USD XX billion in 2015 and it is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020 at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. Telemedicine is delivery of healthcare services in remote locations using telecommunications technology. The telemedicine market remerged in the last few years. With an advance in technology, internet and telephones, telemedicine is now easily accessible to the general population. In addition, it has taken the burden off the existing overburdened healthcare setup.
Telemedicine services are applied in several medical areas including consultation, surgery, diabetes, psychiatry, radiology, pathology, cardiology, dermatology and others. Hospitals and clinics cater services to the critically ill, extraneous patients through a simple phone call or by videoconferencing. Hospitals, Clinics and Residential (Home care) with telecommunications technology are end-users of this market.
The market is driven by number of factors such as high incidences of chronic diseases, rising healthcare costs, technological innovations, increase in aging population and rising awareness regarding remote patient monitoring. However, this market faces certain drawbacks, such as legal & reimbursement issues, advanced technology leading to higher costs, lack of physician support and poor cases of implementation.
The market for Global telemedicine is segmented based on type, technology and geography. Based on the type, the Global market is divided into telehospitals & teleclinics and telehome. The market is further categorized by technology as hardware, software, telecom and services.
Based on geography, the market is segmented as geography by US, Canada and Mexico. Global is the largest market globally due to high acceptance for this technology in these regions.
Many players in this market are trying to expand their product portfolio in order to top the global market. While few companies are entering into the market by acquisitions, top companies are expanding their growth in this market by acquiring other companies. Few companies adopted product innovation and new product launches as its key business strategy to ensure its dominance in this market. Some of the key players in the Global Telemedicine Market are Cerner Corporation, Honeywell Life Care Solutions, McKesson Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., Robert Bosch Healthcare and Cisco Systems, Inc. among others.
Key Deliverables in the Study
1. Market analysis for the Global Telemedicine Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
2. Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
3. Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale
4. Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
5. Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Telemedicine Market on both global and regional scales
6. A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
7. A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market
8. Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
Key points in table of content
Review and Forecast Period Years
General Study Assumptions
Econometric Forecast Model
Current Market Scenario
Porter’s Five Forces
Bargaining Power of Suppliers
Bargaining Power of Consumers
Threat of New Entrants
Threat of Substitute Products and Services
Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges (DROC) Analysis
High Incidence of Chronic Diseases
Increase in Ageing Population
Rising Healthcare Costs
Telemedicine Market Segmentation
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Merger and Acquisition Analysis
New Product Launches
Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
Honeywell Life Care Solutions
Robert Bosch Healthcare
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
Future Outlook of the Market
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)