HTF Market Intelligence released a new research report of 78 pages on title Strategic Trends in Private Equity and Venture Capital Funding for Healthcare with detailed analysis, forecast and strategies. The study covers key regions that includes US, Europe, China, Japan, India and South Africaand important players such as Company 1
Request a sample report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/sample-report/136107-strategic-trends-in-private-equity-and-venture-capital-funding
“Strategic Trends in Private Equity and Venture Capital Funding for Healthcare” provides a comprehensive analysis on emerging investment trends within the healthcare industry. Private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) funds have been important participants in a wide range of industries for many decades – particularly the healthcare industry. They remain one of the few sources of funding for innovative start-up companies, which often bring disruptive technologies and life-saving medical interventions to the market.
This report provides in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses of global and regional trends that have shaped the current healthcare PE and VC landscape, particularly from 2006 to 2015. It provides multilevel analyses that identify geographical markets and therapy areas attracting noteworthy investments. Analyses of key investment indicators in the US, including levels of fundraising activities by PE and VC companies, VC investments by industry sector, and VC-backed exits and venture financing trends – particularly for early-stage healthcare companies – are also included.
Information from our robust, industry-leading databases shows that global values of completed equity offerings in the healthcare industry are continuing their upward trend, reaching record highs in recent years. Quantitative analyses of equity offerings in the healthcare sector from 2006 to 2015 are provided alongside trends in healthcare VC-backed initial public offerings (IPOs) in the US. Top healthcare IPOs are reviewed in detail, with company profiles that include product pipelines showing therapy areas of focus, indications and product development stages.
The report also includes forecasts for the outlook for PE and VC firms investing in the healthcare sector. VC investment in early-stage healthcare companies continues to decline, and has almost completely disappeared in certain countries. The report discusses new financing models that are emerging and replacing traditional VC financing models, including case studies showcasing recent success stories.
Conducted extensive research in order to provide a comprehensive view of the strategic trends in PE and VC funding for healthcare. This new report adds to our unique portfolio of trusted industry analyses that enable our clients to assess the most promising areas in the market and exploit key business opportunities.
– How important are PE and VC funds to the future development of the healthcare industry?
– How does the venture-backed healthcare innovation model work?
– What have been the global trends in healthcare PE and VC over the last decade in terms of deal activity (volume) and value?
– Which geographical markets are attracting noteworthy healthcare investments from PE and VC firms, and which will drive investments in the future?
– Which therapy areas attracted the most PE and VC investments by value in the last two years and what are the reasons for these trends?
– How much capital did the top healthcare PE and VC deals raise in 2015, and which investment and healthcare companies were involved?
– What are the new financing models being adopted by early-stage healthcare companies in the face of the declining availability of VC funds?
– How did the 2008 global financial crisis affect VC and PE investments in healthcare, in both the short and longer term?
– How is the healthcare industry performing compared with other industry sectors in terms of attracting VC investments in the US?
– What are the risks if investments in the healthcare industry decrease significantly?
– How are VC firms likely to react to increasing competition in the healthcare sector in the coming years?
– What specific factors will continue to drive investment in the healthcare industry in the coming years?
Key Reasons to Purchase
This report will allow you to –
– Gain insightful analyses and understanding of PE and VC dynamics in the healthcare industry. The report comprehensively describes and assesses the most important factors driving and restraining investments in this industry by assessing key investment information and parameters over the last decade.
– Assess quantitative and qualitative trends shaping deal activity in the healthcare sector. Employed a multi-faceted research approach that involved the analysis of a variety of secondary research sources and the interrogation of proprietary databases, to provide a complete and objective view of industry and investment dynamics.
– Gain insight on upcoming trends and factors influencing global healthcare investments.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/enquiry-before-buy/136107-strategic-trends-in-private-equity-and-venture-capital-funding
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 6
2 Introduction 7
2.1 Overview of Private Equity and Venture Capital 7
2.1.1 Private Equity and Venture Capital: Similarities and Differences 7
2.1.2 The Importance of Adequate Fundraising for PE and VC firms 8
2.2 The Significance of Private Equity and Venture Capital in the Healthcare Industry 8
2.2.1 The Venture-Backed Healthcare Innovation Model 9
2.2.2 Critical Factors to Consider when Selecting a Venture Capital Firm 11
2.2.3 What Are the Types of Private Equity Firms Operating in the Healthcare Industry? 12
3 Global Trends in Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments in the Healthcare Industry 13
3.1 Is R&D Productivity in Healthcare Still Declining? 13
3.2 What is Causing the Increase in the Cost of Bringing Medical Interventions to Market? 13
3.3 Global Healthcare Private Equity Deal Trends: Volume and Value, 2006-2015 14
3.4 Regional Healthcare Private Equity Deal Trends: Volume and Value, 2006-2015 15
3.5 Which Therapy Areas Are Receiving Noteworthy Private Equity Investment? 17
3.6 Top 10 Healthcare Private Equity Deals, 2015 17
3.7 Top 10 Healthcare Venture Capital Deals, 2015 19
3.8 Are New Companies in the Healthcare Industry Living in a Post-VC Era? 20
3.9 What are the Risks if Investments in the Healthcare Industry Decrease Significantly? 20
3.10 New Funding and Investment Models Emerging in the Healthcare Industry 21
3.10.1 The Role of Crowdfunding in Early-Stage Healthcare in the Post-VC Era 21
4 US Private Equity and Venture Capital Industry Dynamics 23
4.1 Immediate Aftermath of the 2008 Global Financial Crisis on the Value of Capital Commitments to Private Funds in the US 23
4.2 Venture Capital Fundraising Trends in the US: Volume and Value of Funds, 2006-2015 23
4.3 US Venture Capital Investment Trends 24
4.4 Is Biotechnology Still Playing Second Fiddle to the Software Sector? 25
4.5 Trends in Seed Stage VC Financing in the US by Volume and Value, 2015 27
4.6 US Venture-Backed Exits, Volume and Value, 2006-2015 28
4.7 US Venture-Backed Healthcare Acquisitions 2006-2015 30
5 Equity Offerings in the Healthcare Sector, Value and Volume, 2006-2015 31
5.1 US Venture-Backed Initial Public Offerings in Healthcare, 2006-2015 31
5.2 Company Profiles and Initial Public Offer Details 33
5.2.1 Axovant Sciences (Stock Symbol: AXON) 33
5.2.2 NantKwest (Stock Symbol: NK) 33
5.2.3 Adaptimmune Therapeutics (Stock Symbol: ADAP) 34
5.2.4 Spark Therapeutics (Stock Symbol: ONCE) 36
5.2.5 Aimmune Therapeutics (Stock Symbol: AIMT) 37
5.2.6 Blueprint Medicines (Stock Symbol: BPMC) 37
5.2.7 RegenxBio (Stock Symbol: RGNX) 38
5.2.8 ProNAi Therapeutics (Stock Symbol: DNAI) 39
5.2.9 Seres Therapeutics (Stock Symbol: MCRB) 40
5.2.10 Global Blood Therapeutics (Stock Symbol: GBT) 41
6 Private Equity Firms, Company Drill-Downs 43
6.1 TPG Capital 43
6.1.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 43
6.1.2 TPG Capital, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 45
6.2 The Carlyle Group 45
6.2.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 45
6.2.2 The Carlyle Group, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 47
6.3 Apax Partners 47
6.3.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 47
6.3.2 Apax Partners, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 48
6.4 KKR & Co 48
6.4.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 48
6.4.2 KKR & Co, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 49
6.5 Warburg Pincus 49
6.5.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 49
6.5.2 Warburg Pincus, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 50
6.6 Bain Capital Private Equity 51
6.6.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 51
6.6.2 Bain Private, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 51
7 Venture Capital Firms, Company Drill-Downs 52
7.1 New Enterprise Associates 52
7.1.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 52
7.1.2 New Enterprise Associates, Historical Healthcare Deal Trends 55
7.2 OrbiMed Advisors 55
7.2.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 55
7.2.2 OrbiMed Advisors, Historical Healthcare Investment Trends 57
7.3 Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers 57
7.3.1 Overview and Portfolio Management 57
7.3.2 Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Historical Healthcare Investment Trends 59
7.4 Flagship Ventures 59
View Detailed Table of Content @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/reports/136107-strategic-trends-in-private-equity-and-venture-capital-funding
Buy this report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/buy-now?format=1&report=136107
CRAIG FRANCIS (PR & Marketing Manager)
Ph: +1 (206) 317 1218