The global scar treatment market is expected to reach a value of USD 34.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Scar treatment industry is developing at a fast rate due to the growing awareness among people regarding esthetics. Appearance of different types of scars poses a huge impact on the day-to-day lifestyle of the victim, thereby affecting their esthetic appeal. Hence, this factor is expected to develop an increased need for scar treatment. Acne scars are one of the most common concerns for women, which disrupt their esthetic appeal making them uncomfortable. Consequently, the demand for scar treatment products is expected to rise owing to the growing concern for esthetics.
Rise in number of road accidents also results in several marks, which many a time require surgical treatment. Hence, patients who have undergone such surgeries are generally provided with topical products for scar reduction. Cosmetic surgeries with laser instruments are also being undertaken for treating severe marks from road accidents. Postburn marks also hamper the daily lifestyle of a victim. In order to remove these marks, plastic surgeries or resurfacing laser therapies are being performed.
Technologically advanced scar removal products are widely available in the market, which minimizes pain and makes scar treatment a hassle-free process. For instance, UltraPulse by Lumenis uses CO2 laser for the treatment of acne scars, which reduces the risk of pain during the treatment process.
Browse full research report on global scar treatment market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/scar-treatment-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Topical products dominated the market in 2015 due to higher adoption of creams and gels for treating scars, such as acne, surgical marks, and burns
- Laser products are anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to the continuous introduction of technically advanced laser instruments
- Atrophic scars held the largest share in 2015. This is because acne is experienced by most of the women, who constitute majority of the target population
- North America dominated the market in 2015 owing to the high penetration of laser-based products in scar treatment and skin rejuvenation
- Some of the key companies include Merz, Inc.; Smith & Nephew plc; Lumenis; Sonoma Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Scarheal Inc.; Enaltus LLC; Mölnlycke Health Care; CCA Industries, Inc.; and Cynosure, Inc.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the scar treatment market on the basis of product, scar type, end use and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Topical Products
- Silicon Sheets
- Laser Products
- CO2 Laser
- Pulse-dyed Laser
Scar Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Atrophic Scars
- Hypertrophic and Keloid Scars
- Contracture Scars
- Stretch Marks
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Retail Pharmacies/ E-commerce
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-scar-treatment-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com