Global Pruritus Therapeutics Market is expected to reach USD 16.38 Billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing worldwide prevalence of atopic dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis and urticaria is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. Introduction of new products based on scientific mechanistic understanding such as the identification of new T-cell subsets, particularly Th17, and Th22 and the patent expiration of PROTOPIC (tacrolimus) is expected to open up new avenues for manufacturers to capitalize on over the forecast period.
Corticosteroids were the leading product segment in 2013 owing to high efficacy exhibited by this class of drugs in treating pruritic conditions by reducing inflammation and itching. Topical applications of corticosteroids have been found to be extremely effective in the treatment and maintenance therapies pertaining to pruritus.
Browse full research report on global pruritus therapeutics market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/pruritus-therapeutics-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Calcineurin inhibitor is identified as the most lucrative segment of the market on account of high usage rate of these drugs in combination therapy for the treatment of pruritus in patients suffering from chronic pruritus and growing market penetration rates. Moreover, the introduction of new products such as Pimecrolimus cream and Tacrolimus ointment is expected to further drive this market.
- Anti-histamines owing to its growing use as a first line treatment and presence of drugs in pipeline with expected commercialization is also expected to grow at a healthy rate during the forecast period.
- North America led the overall market in terms of revenue in 2013 majorly on account of the presence of high prevalence of diseases associated with pruritus, introduction of new products targeting the unmet medical needs and growing patient awareness levels.
- The Asia Pacific pruritus therapeutics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5.0% during the forecast period. Presence of high unmet healthcare needs and increasing prevalence of allergic contact dermatitis and urticaria in this region are some factors attributing to its rapid growth rate.
- Some key participants of the pruritus therapeutics market include Sanofi, Pfizer, Tai Guk Pharmaceutical Company, Actavis, Trevi Therapeutics, Cara Therapeutics, Ocera Therapeutics Inc. and NeRRe Therapeutics.
- Manufacturers adhere to rigorous R&D in an attempt to develop cost effective products and avoid barriers such as product recalls. In addition, this strategy is implemented keeping the unmet needs in consideration. For Instance, Creabilis has a molecule in the pipeline – CT327, which caters to the unmet needs associated with pruritus in patients suffering from psoriasis.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global pruritus therapeutics market on the basis of product, disease type and region:
Global Pruritus Therapeutics Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2025)
- Local Anesthetics
- Calcineurin Inhibitors
Global Pruritus Therapeutics Disease Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2025)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Global Pruritus Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2025)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Access press release of this report – http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-pruritus-therapeutics-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs – grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519