Pharmaceutical excipients are critical components of a pharmaceutical dosage form, ensuring drug safety and efficacy. Therefore, compatibility with API, adjacent excipients and dosage form are essential factors that need to be considered while selecting an excipient. Various types of excipients are used in a pharmaceutical formulations. This includes binders, diluents, glidents, disintegrants, emulsifiers, compressing agents, taste masking agents, lubricants, coating agents, sweeteners, and vehicles (base). Use of excipients is high in oral and topical dosage forms compared to parenteral. These excipients are extracted from different sources such as plant, animals, and minerals or are synthetically developed. The International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council (IPEC), formed in 1991, focuses on harmonizing manufacturing standards for pharmaceutical excipients globally.
To have a snippet of the report, request Report Sample
Demand for high-quality excipients is more in developed economies, while affordability is the key criteria considered for price sensitive emerging economies. China has emerged as the largest supplier of low-cost pharmaceutical API and excipients. India is the other fast emerging market to which production of excipients is outsourced owing to lower labor and production costs. North America and Europe lead the market for excipients as the number of excipient manufacturers are high in these regions. Moreover, high cost of manufactured excipients generates higher revenue for these regions compared to cost of material produced by manufacturers in Asia Pacific. However, growing pharmaceutical drug price pressure across the globe is expected to drive growth of the markets in China and India characterized by high supply of low cost excipients.
Increasing demand for oral dosage forms is projected to propel the market growth for pharmaceutical excipients in oral application during the forecast period. Moreover, patent expiry of blockbuster drugs would fuel demand for pharmaceutical excipients in the near future. However, regular inspection of FDA approved manufacturing sites by local regulatory authorities is impacting supply of pharmaceutical excipients globally.
This report segments the global pharmaceutical excipients market on the basis of chemistry, functionality, application, and geography. On the basis of chemistry, the market is categorized into plants, animals, minerals and synthetic sources. On the basis of functionality, the market is segmented into binders, diluents, glidents, disintegrants, and others. The application segment is divided into oral, parenteral, topical and others. For comprehensive understanding of market dynamics, the global pharmaceutical excipients market is analyzed across key geographical regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East. Each of these regions is analyzed on basis of market findings across major countries in these regions for a macro-level understanding of the market.
Ask for Customization @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/124
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the pharmaceutical excipients products and provides market size (US$ Million) and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR (%)) for the forecast period: 2016 – 2024, considering 2015 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global pharmaceutical excipients market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include BASF SE, The DOW Chemical Company, Evonik Industries, FMC Corporation, Croda International PLC, Ashland Inc., Roquette Group, Lubrizol Corporation, Innophos Holdings Inc. and MEGGLE Group Wasserburg BG Excipients & Technology
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision with respect to their future product launch, end user upgrades, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global pharmaceutical excipients market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, distributors and suppliers for pharmaceutical excipients, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Various strategy matrices used in analyzing the pharmaceutical excipients market would provide stakeholders vital inputs to make strategic decisions accordingly
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154