Sterilization refers to any process which kills or eliminates various forms of agents such as bacteria, fungi, virus, etc. present on a surface or a liquid content in a laboratory. Sterilization can be achieved through a number of procedures including high pressure, filtration, irradiation, etc. A sterile environment is necessary in most of the medical laboratory in order to avoid ruined samples and cloudy culture media. Various micro-organisms and transmissible agents are present on the surface of medical equipment and biological culture media in the laboratory and sterilization helps to make these equipment and media contaminant-free.
- Heat sterilizers: In heat sterilization, the equipment or culture media which are to be sterilized are placed in a steel container and exposed to high temperature. Various types of heat sterilizers include:
- Hot air oven
- Bunsen burner
- Glass bead strilizer
- Chemical sterilizers: Chemical sterilization involves the usage of a range of chemical agents for the purpose of sterilization. Various class of chemical agents used in the procedure are as follows:
- Alcohols: ethyl, isopropyl, etc.
- Aldehydes: formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, etc.
- Metallic salts
- Gases: ethylene oxide, betapropiolactone, etc.
- Radiation sterilizers: The gamma radiations are used to kill microorganisms present in various medical equipment and related products. The prime advantage of such sterilization process is that the media is available immediately after sterilization
- Filtration sterilizers: Filtration allows the elimination of microorganisms based upon their size. The most common type of filtration sterilization technique is membrane filtration in which contaminants larger than the pore size on the surface of the membrane is trapped. This method is mainly used for heat sensitive media.
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector – such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports strive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
US Office Contact