HTF Market Intelligence released a new research report of 213 pages on title ‘OpportunityAnalyzer: Hyperparathyroidism – Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2025’ with detailed analysis, forecast and strategies.
Hyperparathyroidism (HPT) is a common endocrinal disorder characterised by excessive plasma levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH) stemming from overactivity of the parathyroid glands. The parathyroid glands, of which there are four, regulate physiological calcium homeostasis through a negative feedback mechanism involving PTH secretion. HPT is classified into either primary, secondary, or tertiary, and it is important to differentiate between the three as their underlying aetiology, pathology, and treatment differ. Primary HPT (PHPT), which is characterised by hypercalcemia, results from the overproduction of PTH from one or more parathyroid glands due to the formation of sporadic and/or hereditary adenomas or carcinomas on the parathyroid gland(s). Secondary HPT (SHPT) develops, in particular, due to declining kidney function and/or vitamin D deficiencies, which result in the hypersecretion of PTH in response to induced hypocalcaemia and hyperphosphatemia in this manner. Tertiary HPT is rare and occurs most commonly in patients with long-standing SHPT who develop parathyroid hyperplasia that leads to autonomous PTH production in conjunction with hypercalcemia.
Request a sample report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/sample-report/304233-opportunityanalyzer-12
Key Questions Answered
– The newly launched iron-based phosphate binders, Velphoro and Auryxia, will see an increase in patient shares for the treatment secondary HPT against the cornerstone binder, sevelamer. Will these newly marketed make a significant impact on the HPT market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
– The most notable candidate in the current late-stage HPT pipeline is new generation IV calcimimetic, Parsabiv (etelcalcetide), which is predicted to have a notable impact in the HPT space over this forecast period. However, there are still considerably high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the HPT market?
– We have seen a notable increase in the HPT population in terms of diagnosed prevalent HPT cases for primary, secondary, and tertiary HPT. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
– The main driver for the HPT market will be the launch of Amgen’s first IV calcimimetic, Parsabiv (etelcalcetide), in all 7MM throughout 2017. Increased use of new iron-based phosphate binders, Velphoro and Auryxia, as well as newly launched vitamin D sterol, Rayaldee, will also contribute growth to the HPT market.
– The major global barrier for the HPT market will be the generic erosion of key players in HPT space: phosphate binders Fosrenol, Renvela/Renagel, and Velphoro, as well as first-in-class calcimimetic blockbuster, Sensipar, over this forecast period.
– In the future, the dynamics of the lucrative secondary HPT market will shift greatly from the historical strategy of developing phosphate binding therapies, towards optimising phosphate control with inhibitors of phosphate transport and/or absorption.
– The key market opportunities lie in addressing unmet needs through the development of optimal agents for controlling phosphate levels to prevent the progression of secondary HPT, as well as optimised pharmacological therapies for the treatment of primary HPT.
– Overview of HPT, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized HPT therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the HPT therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HPT therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Companies Mentioned in the Report
OPKO Health, Inc.
Buy this report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/buy-now?format=1&report=304233
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 15
1.2 List of Figures 18
2 Introduction 19
2.1 Catalyst 19
2.2 Related Reports 20
3 Disease Overview 21
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 21
3.1.1 Etiology 21
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 23
3.2 Symptoms 26
3.3 Prognosis 27
3.3.1 Primary Hyperparathyroidism 27
3.3.2 Secondary Hyperparathyroidism 27
3.3.3 Tertiary Hyperparathyroidism 27
3.4 Quality of Life 28
4 Epidemiology 29
4.1 Disease Background 29
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 30
4.2.1 Global Trends 31
4.2.2 Forecast Methodology 33
4.2.3 Sources Not Used 45
4.3 Epidemiological Forecast of HPT (2015-2025) 46
4.3.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases 46
4.3.2 Total Prevalent Cases of SHPT 53
4.3.3 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of THPT 64
4.4 Discussion 67
4.4.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 67
4.4.2 Limitations of the Analysis 68
4.4.3 Strengths of the Analysis 69
5 Current Treatment Options 70
5.1 Overview 70
5.1.1 Diagnosis and Monitoring 71
5.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 72
5.2 Clinical Practice 77
5.2.1 Primary HPT 77
5.2.2 Secondary HPT 79
5.2.3 Tertiary HPT 81
5.3 Calcimimetics 82
5.3.1 Sensipar (cinacalcet hydrochloride) 82
5.4 Vitamin D Sterols 87
5.4.1 Nutritional/Native Vitamin D 87
5.4.2 Vitamin D Receptor Agonists (VDRA) 91
5.5 Phosphate Binding Therapies 96
5.5.1 Calcium-Based Phosphate Binders 97
5.5.2 Aluminum-Containing Phosphate Binders 98
5.5.3 Magnesium-Containing Phosphate Binders 98
5.5.4 Renvela/Renagel (sevelamer carbonate/hydrochloride) 99
5.5.5 Fosrenol (Lanthanum carbonate) 103
5.5.6 Velphoro (Sucroferric oxyhydroxide) 107
5.5.7 Auryxia (ferric citrate) 112
5.6 Bisphosphonates 116
5.6.1 Overview 116
5.6.2 Efficacy 118
5.6.3 Safety 118
5.6.4 SWOT analysis 119
5.7 Surgical Management 119
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis 122
6.1 Overview 122
6.2 Optimal Management of Phosphate in SHPT 123
…..View Detailed Table of Content @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/reports/304233-opportunityanalyzer-12
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HPT therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HPT therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global HPT therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Make an enquiry before buying this Report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/enquiry-before-buy/304233-opportunityanalyzer-12
CRAIG FRANCIS (PR & Marketing Manager)
Ph: +1 (206) 317 1218