The global gout therapeutics market is expected to reach a value of USD 8.3 billion By 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The gout therapeutics market is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the introduction of major urate-lowering agents, approval of effective biologics, and increasing number of patients suffering from chronic gout.
In December 2015, AstraZeneca’s product, Zurampic (lesinurad), in combination with xanthine oxidase inhibitor (XOI) received an approval from the U. S. FDA to treat gout. Later in February 2016, the European Commission approved the drug throughout the European Union (EU). Hence, introduction of urate-lowering agents is expected to drive the market.
Introduction of biologics to treat gout and increasing adoption of newer therapies further help propel the industry. For instance, in March 2013, Novartis received an EU approval for the product, Ilaris, for use in the treatment of patients suffering from gouty arthritis.
Browse full research report on global gout therapeutics market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gout-therapeutics-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Agents (NSAIDs) accounted for the highest share of the market in 2015, which can be credited to highest penetration, higher demand due to low cost, and efficient pain relief.
- Urate-lowering agents segment is expected to grow at the highest rate over the coming years. Expected entry of various new drugs, increasing adoption of drugs, and growing investment by key players for development of these agents are likely to drive the segment.
- Chronic gout dominated in 2015 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Approval of new drugs to treat chronic gout and long-term expenditure for treatment are the key factors responsible to propel the industry.
- NSAIDs, colchicine, and corticosteroids are majorly used to treat acute gout, and urate-lowering agents are utilized in chronic gout treatment in combination with NSAIDs or Colchicine.
- Geographically, North America dominated the overall industry in 2015. This is attributed to higher adoption of the newer & expensive treatments and rising awareness about arthritic conditions.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness highest growth during the forecast period due to growing awareness and increasing healthcare expenditure. Furthermore, growing investment in the region by key players is likely to boost the regional growth.
- Some of the key players are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.; Novartis AG; Savient Pharmaceuticals; AstraZeneca plc; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Merck& Co. Inc.; Teijin Pharma Ltd.; and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the gout therapeutics market by drug class, disease condition, and region:
Gout Therapeutics Market Drug Class Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Urate-lowering agents
Gout Therapeutics Market Disease Condition Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Acute Gout
- Chronic Gout
Gout Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-gout-therapeutics-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
For more information: www.grandviewresearch.com