Latest industry research report on: Global Obesity Market | Industry Size, Share, Research, Reviews, Analysis, Strategies, Demand, Growth, Segmentation, Parameters, Forecasts
Obesity is a major growing health concern around the world. In most markets, a person is considered obese if their Body Mass Index (BMI) exceeds 30 kilograms per square meter (kg/m2), calculated by dividing body mass in kilograms by height in meters squared. With the global prevalence continuing to rise, the disease has placed significant burden on healthcare expenditure, as it is also a major risk factor for cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and cancer.
Request For Sample Report @http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/471700
Anti-obesity pharmacotherapy can be used as an adjunct lifestyle modification to improve weight loss in order to significantly reduce obesity-associated health risks in obese patients. However, the use of currently available anti-obesity drugs is largely limited by poor long-term safety and a modest weight loss effect. Despite substantial clinical and regulatory challenges, the early-stage obesity pipeline remains robust, containing a high level of first-in-class innovation that has the potential to be translated into effective and safe weight loss treatments.
- Historically, the obesity market has suffered from long-term safety concerns and modest efficacy with current treatments, both of which contribute to the low prescription rate and limited widespread use.
- What are the main safety concerns that lead to significant challenges in gaining drug approval in obesity?
- Why is sustainable weight loss difficult to achieve, and what is the implication for future drug development?
- Analysis reveals a high level of innovation and diversity in the pipeline, with 75 first-in-class programs identified to act on 60 unique molecular targets.
- What is the dominant target family across these first-in-class pipeline products?
- How well do they align with the underlying signaling pathways governing the central and peripheral regulation of food intake, and energy expenditure?
- Some first-in-class targets are deemed more likely to be developed into marketable treatments than others, having demonstrated substantial body weight reduction in Preclinical studies and addressing multiple mechanisms underpinning the development of obesity.
- What is the scientific rationale behind these targets? How are they likely to surpass existing treatment?
- Apart from body weight change, what other parameters are commonly used to measure the effect of investigational therapies?
- Deals involving first-in-class obesity products are more likely to be made in earlier stages of development than non-first-in-class deals, supported by industry-wide analysis.
- What is the dominant molecular target in the obesity deals landscape?
- What are the promising first-in-class products still available for future licensing?
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207